+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What kind of bar do you like, and what's your favorite drink?

In all honesty, the reason I kept going back was the barmaid. Her personallity was great. Allison got the job at Hooters 'cause she used to hang out there with her college buddies. We would laugh at the goobers trying to hit on the staff and the high school boys with their tongues on the ground. I used to manage a bar (sports bar, bands on weekends) and it can be a pain in the a**. You're trying to taking care of a room full of people whose main objective is to get drunk and party. I hate the whiney crying "I'm sorry, I'm drunk" butthead.

We should start a "What Kind of Drunk Are You?" thread so that we can know who *not* to go out with.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    SG, Im a fan of coffee drinks too, like the one I made up and posted on the Thanksgiving party thread. You would love some of the Spanish/Potrugese restaurants that they have her in Newark, NJ where I work. They serve a Spanish coffee that is great. Offhand I can't remember eveything that they put in it, but I know that they top it off with whipped cream and then drizzle some Licor 43 over the top. Its usually served in a big glass about the size of a goldfish bowl. Really good and strong. I've had a few afternoons at work where I had to just hide in my office and hope no one comes to ask me anything after ending lunch with one of those.
    That sounds awesome. I don't know why I like them so much. Like I said, I could never drink more than one in a sitting, but I like them as 'dessert'.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I posted about what kind of bar I like, now I'll bore you all with my favorite drink.

Overall I'm a beer drinker. I'm a fan of all sorts of different beers from around the world, and I've even brewed my own in the past. Some of my favorites are Theakston's Old Peculier from England, Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale also from England, Fanziskaner Weissbeer (sp?) from Germany and Guinness Stout.

As far as everyday beers go I like Heineken, Becks and I've become a fan of Molson Ice. I can buy it for $14.99 a case at my local distributer. 5.6% alcohol content is nice too. (I envy all you guys from Canada - all of our crappy domestic beer is a bout 3.5 - 4.5%)

When I'm drinking a mixed drink I'll drink Jack and Coke or Bacardi and just about anything. I'll also drink some frozen drinks if the time is right. My wife and I usually always have a few cans of Bacardi frozen daiquiri or Pina Colada mix in the freezer if the mood strikes us to pull out the blender and make som of those.

After re reading all of this I guess I'll drink just about anything. Vanilla extract anyone?
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

I have always been a dive bar kinda guy. Dive/neighborhood bars in Chicago are always great. (I miss that place too, Quinn!!) I like bars where you know people when you walk in...or you can at least get to know people because they live in your neighborhood, ya know?

In CO, its all Microbreweries. Very few "dive bars", almost everything is associated with a chain or a restaurant.

My drink of choice is usually Makers Mark & water. If not that, then its beer--no particular brand fav(although I love to get Old Style when I am in chicago).
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    since we all love the Dive Bars- we could start a new thread: Dive Bar hall of Fame.
    Another fav of mine is in the Village in NYC- Irish bar called McSorleys. They only serve 2 types of beer- light and dark, and instead of of pretzels you get crackers with hot mustard... the sawdust on the floor is the clincher- and rest assured there are always Brits around wanting to sing and chant the night away...

Quote Originally Posted by FinallyHere
    The bartender also needs know how to pour a pint of Guinness the right way.
    I've had many experiences where the bartender pulls Guinness like any other beer and dumps the head off or generally screws it up. It's not water, yet they treat it that way. I like it when they draw a shamrock or something else on the top. BTW, a pint of Guinness in the roaster makes great roast beef.
    Log off. That cookie sh*t makes me nervous. --Tony Soprano

So I said to him, "Look, buddy, your car was upside down when we got here. And as for your Grandma, she shouldn't have mouthed off like that!" --Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by brusch
    BTW, a pint of Guinness in the roaster makes great roast beef.
    I might have to try that, but I don't know if I could bear the thought of pouring guiness into the roasting pan instead of drinking it.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

If it takes less than 2 minutes to get your Guinness, someone's doing it wrong.

It's funny that this thread came about now because I just spent the last two weekends doing a research project where I have to go to bars as a pregnant woman and order drinks! I don't usually go to bars, but I've been to 36 of them this week - and some of them were SCARY!

I made lots of money though, so now I can afford to really go drinking! I'm a fan of:
    Margaritas
    Cosmos
    Colorado Bulldogs
    Good wine
    Grand Marnier
    Gin & Tonic

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast