+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What kind of bar do you like, and what's your favorite drink?

OH Duxxy! I'm so excited about being quoted in a sig line. You've made my day (I guess I'm pretty easy to please )
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Cheap booze and a Heavy hand??? Bring it on!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Heck, I get a warm fuzzy feeling just being NAMED in someone else's quote that's used in someone else's sig line.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

We're just sad, Lucy. Really

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I like a pub-type atmosphere - seem to love the Irish Pubs - with some good live acoustic music

Beer: Miller Lite
    Cocktail: Absolut and 7-up with a lime
    Frilly Drink: Mango Colada (drank too many of these on my honeymoon!)

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer401
    We're just sad, Lucy. Really
    Yes, but we're not sad DRUNKS, remember. We're happy drunks.
    (now Duxxy's going to go change her sig line, rendering this conversation inexplicable to other posters).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joa
    Hey Quinn, I was at Southport Lanes just the other night if that's where you are talking about!...
    i honestly cant remember the name of that bar- in fact i dont know if i ever really knew the name of the bar- it was always- hey we're going down to the corner for a beer and some bowling. But they only had two lanes- and it was pretty dark and seedy- how many 2 lane bowling establishments are there? Southport Lanes sounds vaguely familiar- i miss that place!

we also ahve an American Legion down the street from me- but i always thought it was for like WW II vets or something?? I'm a vet- am wondering how the wife would like me hanging out at the Am Legion a few nights a week?

I went to a "moose lodge" once to see my friend play in a band. It was great! Old men bought me drinks all night (despite having my husband with me ) and the atmosphere was really laid back. During the band's intermission everyone played a quick round of Bingo Of course, this was *WAY* back in the hills of Kentucky, so the legion was probably a little rougher than most.

I hate to perpetuate myths of hillybillyism in Kentucky, but I guess every state has a backwoods section, so I'll tell my story anyway. We went to see the same friend at a place called "Buford's" once. It was straight out of an old seventies movie, I swear. They served the drinks in plastic cups (drinks being beer, whiskey, or tequila) and had chicken wire between the crowd and the band. At least three women lost their tops and there was much yee-hawing to be had. It was quite...interesting.

My husband turned to me and said, "try not to get kidnapped for breeding stock." I turned to him and said, "you either!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Yes, but we're not sad DRUNKS, remember. We're happy drunks.
    (now Duxxy's going to go change her sig line, rendering this conversation inexplicable to other posters).

Ah well. Most of my posts are inexplicable anyway.

when we go out (which is rare) we go to a place called Mclarkley's Pub in Westland which is a fake Irish place or Kickers in Livonia which is more trendy and serves Martini's (my husband likes it because of the good looking wait staff) I need a place to sit, I'm past standing all night. I like to play pool too.
    I tend to drink white zinfindal or lemon martini's. I also like coffee drinks.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast