+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: What kind of bar do you like, and what's your favorite drink?

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Jewelsy, what brewery in SC do you go to? Im in Santa Cruz all the time..(My hubby is an avid surfer)
    As for sushi places..I like The Pink Godzilla in Capitola.. Ilove lemon drops...LOL The best lemon drop and appletini I ever had was at Emeril's resturant in Vegas...OH MY GOSH!! Fabulous!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallulahbaby
    Jewelsy, what brewery in SC do you go to? Im in Santa Cruz all the time..(My hubby is an avid surfer)
    As for sushi places..I like The Pink Godzilla in Capitola.. Ilove lemon drops...LOL The best lemon drop and appletini I ever had was at Emeril's resturant in Vegas...OH MY GOSH!! Fabulous!
    I like Seabright Brewery best . Pink Godzilla is like 2 minutes away from my house!!! I'm right off 41st Ave. on Opal Cliff next to the beach. Did you know they're expand9ing? Let's go
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Hey I know where you are!!! Yeah lets go!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Tallulah, I unfortunately live in a small town (30k or so) with nothing else around for at least 30 miles, which means the "bar scene" is pretty slim.

I tried all the bars in town, and none of them were right for me. This is a Christian college town, so the bars here cater to that crowd, and I'm WAY past college-themed bars.

I finally joined the Legion about 3 months ago, and have loved it ever since. It's the perfect kind of bar for me, and on the plus side, it's got cheap booze and they pour heavy.

In addition, I can go to a Legion post anywhere in the country, and they are all pretty safe, decent places to have a beer. You don't have to take your chances with the local dives.

john, i've never heard of a this legion post that you speak of....

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    John, is the phrase "let's go to the bar" common where you are? Here (in California), I always think of "going to a bar" as kinda of going to a dive bar type of place. The type with people hanging out on barstools since 7:00 a.m. We don't use that term here .
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

We 'go to the bar' here My husband and I go to a small 'dive' (when we can get out) It's called Eddie's, the owner is. you guessed it.. Eddie. He's always there to lend an ear or cut the drunks off . Its a sports themed bar and my husband and his buddies like it for the chicken wings and the beer. Canadian Light, I drink vodka and tonic no twist, with a straw, if you bring me a dirty glass beware.
    Its a nice relaxing evening.. it closes at 1am then we stumble down the street to the dance bar until 2 am.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Sure, Jewelsy..."Wanna go to the bar?" is a commno phrase among me and my friends

Sher, it's the American Legion. For you to join, as a female, your father or grandfather would have to be a member, and have served in the military at some point. It would be $20 a year for you to join the Auxilliary.

Here are the addresses of your local posts:

http://www.5thdistrictlegion.org/Post%20Addresses.htm

We "go to the bar". If we even have to spell it out that much.
    In my hometown a lot of people wound up joining the Elks Club, after the Elks bought out a local country club. So now everyone drinks at the Elks, which I guess is kinda like John joining the American Legion to drink.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Exactly, Lucy. The Elks, the Moose, the Legion, etc. They're all good places to drink. The local Moose lodge has live bands quite frequently. They're the "rowdy club" around here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast