+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: something to think about

I once got very ill at one of those sports bar chains when I was travelling through richmond, VA. Chicken wings.... The only good part of that experience was throwing up on a security guard, but they almost took me to the hospital.

another thing to be very carful abt is fruit. On my last trip with my wife, we ended up having some melon chunks (shrinkwrapped, and chilled). Unfortunately, my wife caught a piece that made her very sick on a trans-continental flight. JFK -> SEA.

you are better off getting whole fruit every time
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    I once got very ill at one of those sports bar chains when I was travelling through richmond, VA. Chicken wings.... The only good part of that experience was throwing up on a security guard, but they almost took me to the hospital.

another thing to be very carful abt is fruit. On my last trip with my wife, we ended up having some melon chunks (shrinkwrapped, and chilled). Unfortunately, my wife caught a piece that made her very sick on a trans-continental flight. JFK -> SEA.

you are better off getting whole fruit every time
    I'm in Richmond! You better tell me which one, so I'm warned.
    BTW, at least here in Virginia, you can now go online to the state Health Department website and look up restaurants' health inspection reports....very eye-opening (thank heavens, my favorites don't seem to be major violators).
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Oh, I should add, I once worked at a Cracker Barrel, and they kept a very clean kitchen. I know it's not fast food but... anyway, just for the record, they were very clean. And I don't just say that 'cause I got to wear my name on my apron.

I had a friend who worked at CB that said the same thing. Fazoli's was the same way. We had to scrub the kitchen floor three times a day. It was actually clean enough to eat off of
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Off topic, but what's up with the sheep avatars? Suddenly half the people here seem to have them. What have I missed?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

dont ask i already had a thread on here about that and it got taken off cause there was one on here go to the avatar thread i guess it explains......

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I'm in Richmond! You better tell me which one, so I'm warned.
    BTW, at least here in Virginia, you can now go online to the state Health Department website and look up restaurants' health inspection reports....very eye-opening (thank heavens, my favorites don't seem to be major violators).
    It was in north richmond. thats the best I can do... it was in '97, and I haven't been there since.

and bunna, don't be upset.... I'm sure you know how confusing duplicate threads can get.... right?
    "The purpose of the new capitalism is to shoot the wounded." ~ Andy Grove, Chairman, Intel Corporation

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    I love taco bell, I get 3 soft tacos and 2 bean burrittos and a med. pepsi.

use to work in a fast food place and we had to scrub the floors clean at night and the whole place got a washing everynight. but that place is closed down now.

Quote Originally Posted by senrik
    It was in north richmond. thats the best I can do... it was in '97, and I haven't been there since.

and bunna, don't be upset.... I'm sure you know how confusing duplicate threads can get.... right?
    yes i do understand sorry lucy....

FORT Fogey
    I saw the show too. It was sick and I kept hoping Wendy's wouldn' be in the top five but it was. Side note my best friends husband was the head chemist for TYSON and they did the testing on a lot of the chicken provided for fast food restaurants. He said Taco Bell/KFC has the best chicken (owned by the same corp) it is all chicken not pressed and formed.

I worked at a Wienerschnitzel when I was a teen. We were pretty good on cleanliness - it was one of those A-frames, pretty small and easy to keep clean. But what got to me was the quality of the meat was so poor. You would put a huge hamburger patty on the grill and once the grease had finished pouring off like a river, you were left with a little 4" patty. At the end of the day we would cook up a bunch of these and put them in the fridge, and the next day we would chop them and make it into the chili. As far as the hot dogs - I remember distinctly that we took great care not to waste the buns, because the buns cost more than the dogs.

I stopped eating meat entirely just out of general gross-out for the whole year I worked there. Eventually I would eat it at home but I still won't eat a fast food burger and no hot dogs. :eat Although I will eat a corn dog down at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk now and again.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast