+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 87 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by firegirl
    Hmmm hair.. well I could probably ask a zillion questions.. maybe we should start a thread in general to get your hair questions asked or things your stylist is thinking?? hmmm.. think about it!

Since firegirl brought this up, I thought I would enter her idea.

Anyone have concerns or need advice about your hair?

I`m the Cosmetologist of the house, so I`ll try to answer your questions, or get the answers elsewhere. Hair happens to be about my favorite topic!!

what's a good cut for someone who wears hats alot but doesn't what the typical hat hair after having to take the hat off?

FORT Fogey
    I have VERY straight, very corse, Very thick hair. What is the best product for making it do the flippy stuff. Everything I try seems to be not strong enough as my hair is heavy and it falls or sooo goopy it just looks greasy. I wanted to do those cool really separated piecy looks sort of like well I can't think of who.. anyway here is a current photo. Not too flippy out but just to be able to really make it blunt but piecy on the ends and separated sort of does that make sense?
    Last edited by firegirl; 11-16-2003 at 01:01 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Well, can't get it posted, look at the what do you look like thread there are a couple there.

I have VERY straight, very course, Very thick hair. What is the best product for making it do the flippy stuff. Everything I try seems to be not strong enough as my hair is heavy and it falls or sooo goopy it just looks greasy. I wanted to do those cool really separated piecy looks sort of like well I can't think of who.. anyway here is a current photo. Not too flippy out but just to be able to really make it blunt but piecy on the ends and separated sort of does that make sense?

First off, you need the cut to do all the work for you.
    I would cut it short, or 4 inches past your ears, then razor the ends A LOT!!, because the weight of your hair wouldn`t allow it to flip up, but lay there too heavily. Then you have to notch the ends some....

When that`s done, it should be flipping a little on it`s own, then gel the ends a bit. If your hair is stubborn, you might need to curl the ends up a little.

Voila!!

*** Longer notched hair.>>>

texturizing spray Texture blast

***I think you`ll have an easier time with the shorter texturized version.

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Hi Jilly:

I have long, VERY curly hair (there's a picture of me in the "What do you look like" thread. My problem is that if I don't put any "product" in my hair, it frizzes up. Not just a little frizz either. I have always kept my hair long to weigh it down.

What products and/or cut do you recommend?
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

FORT Fogey
    I love the second one.. question though, razoring my ends tends to make them look sort of ummm like they are damaged and kid of like I have thinner(bad) or something. What do you think about just doing the notch cutting heavy? I like the ends to look thick not see through does that make sense??
    I don't want it too flippy. How do you make that really piecy look th ones that look like they stuck together chunks all the way from the root down in sections? What product does that?

FORT Fogey
    Well, I guess another question is what besides a bob/layered bob do you suggest for thick coarse straight hair? I am wanting to grow it out some.. Oh and I need some sort of bangs.. I kind of like the kelly rippa thing going on but piecier sort of maybe.. ??

I love the second one.. question though, razoring my ends tends to make them look sort of ummm like they are damaged and kid of like I have thinner(bad) or something. What do you think about just doing the notch cutting heavy? I like the ends to look thick not see through does that make sense??
    I don't want it too flippy. How do you make that really piecy look th ones that look like they stuck together chunks all the way from the root down in sections? What product does that?

Yeah, To do the longer version, I`d just notch with scissors. Then any gel, will get it more piecy looking, but it`s still all in the good cut. People could over notch your hair. Or over thin it.

Well, firegirl, I`ve been doing hair for over 20 years, and Wish you were nearby. I would do an awesome job on your hair. And the year thing, sure did make me sound old.....

FORT Fogey
    I bet you would. Actually I really like my hair most of the time. I just get bored with it easy and want to grow it out to do the long thing again. I am fortunate to have good texture and lots of it but it just gets soooo heavy! I am in that really bored stage where I want to go ok go back short but then I think nope pony tail, clippy, up do and have to stop!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 87 123456789101151 ... LastLast