+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

I have a hairdryer brush that I love, but I have to turn it. It is not so easy on the wrists and hands. I think my dryer brush is by Revlon.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

[QUOTE=firegirl].

Hey Jilli and Jules how about clients who are regulars but once in awhile go to another stylist?? Is that cheating? I feel that way. The girl who does my hair has done it for 12 years I love her. But every so often like maybe 1 a year or even less I think we get in a rut and I go to someone else for a cut, never color, is that offensive?[/

Honestly,I would feel a little ticked off and maybe a little hurt if one of my hardcore regulars went to someone else.I've had people do that before and it does bug me but I usually get the satisfaction of having to fix what the previous styist did to thier hair.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

I have a hair question too. I have wavy hair. When it's wet, one side gets more curl than the other side. I understand that hair grows in one direction so maybe that's part of the problem. I have tried mousse and scrunching without brushing my hair but, the two sides still remain uneven. Is there anything I can do to get the other side to curl more without setting it?

Maybe I can also ask another question. I have had my hair blown dry straight and at another time a flat iron was used. It looked fine after the flat iron, but I was wondering if that could also damage my hair.

To the fans of Amplify -- where can I get it? (please say Walmart)
    To Feifer, or whoever asked about the Revo -- I have one, and LOVE it. I paid way too much for it, ordering off the TV (don't ever do that) but it really does work. I have in-the-middle hair -- it's not kinky-curly, but it isn't straight, and so generally I prefer to wear it straight. My hair's chin-length, so the Revo straightens it. I swear I use this thing every day. They now sell them at drugstores, like CVS and Walgreens. Still expensive but not as much as when you could only order them online or off a TV infomercial. And now they have smaller ones for either short hair or if you want to curl it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Actually you can sorta get Amplify at Walmart. The salon chain that they have in Walmart (Smart Style?) carries it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I haven't cut my hair for over 10 years. Is this a bad thing? Will it be harmful to my hair, in the long run?

Hey Jillibean! I just have a basic quick question. I have a long skinny face, so what kind of cut should I get? I have heard not to cut it at chin length becasue that will enphasize how long my face is, and not to get bangs, because that will emphasize how big my forehead is. Are those true?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Miss
    Hey Jillibean! I just have a basic quick question. I have a long skinny face, so what kind of cut should I get? I have heard not to cut it at chin length becasue that will enphasize how long my face is, and not to get bangs, because that will emphasize how big my forehead is. Are those true?

No, on both counts Lil Miss. I`ve seen your picture, and your hair would look cute to the shoulders, and layered around your face. Long wispy layers, to add some body.

Also, for a change Bangs would be pretty. Again, the long whispy ones.

**Forget about the bad advise.......

I once had a beautiful lady come into the shop, with the prettiest purplish eyes.

She said that the last guy!! Cosmetologist told her : "She`s too fat, to wear short hair. It would emphasize her fat face!! I couldn`t believe: #1.) To call any woman fat. The worst thing to do with your clientelle!! :mad:

And #2.) It wasn`t true, the fact that she could wear shorter hair, to minmize her face and she looked great when I bobbed it, then longer layered it. She loved it!!! She smiled a lot when she left. Big tip!! And she really looked nice.

You need to emphasize the good features, and diminish the negative ones. The shorter hair brought out her pretty eyes....

And you, Lil Miss. Your hair will lay a lot better if it`s cut with some movement in it, and not so blunt. You`re young % pretty , so you can do most anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jules77
    Not sure about the scent but if you want big hair try TIGI Headbanger spray wax.Spray it on dry and it gives you big,rockstar texture.I have fine hair myself so I'm tuned into all of the products for bigger hair.
    You`re wonderful Jules.

+ Reply to Thread