+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 377778798081828384858687

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3739742;
    I wish we had a Trader Joe's here. I realized this morning that I am turning into a Shampoo and Conditioner-aholic. I have, if not full, then half full bottles, of Paul Mitchell, Ion, Pantene, Head and Shoulders (2 different kinds), Fantastic Sams, Wen (3 different kinds), Jessie Curl, Aveeno (2 different kinds), L'Oreal EverPure and Sally Hersherger. I am standing in the shower and looking at all those bottles thinking, "Who the heck buys that many different shampoos and conditioners??" Then I started adding up how much I paid for each of those bottles and almost went into shock realizing I had spent that much money on shampoo and conditioner in the last year or so. I guess I need to quit wishing my hair is going to majically become beautiful if I can just find the right product. LOL. Guess it is also a good thing that my daughter has hair that looks perfect with any type of shampoo and conditioner...she always gets my discards. LOL.
    I had to laugh a your post, because over the years I have done the same thing.
    One day, I looked in cabinet and realized I had more shampoo, conditioner, gel, mousse, etc.... than the store and salons.
    All promising beautiful silky shinny hair, that people would stop you on the street just to run their fingers through.
    I've finally cut mine down to just 4 products and a ceramic round brush and Ion blow dryer. But, I am tempted sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3739742;
    I am standing in the shower and looking at all those bottles thinking, "Who the heck buys that many different shampoos and conditioners??" .
    Me. I do the same thing.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden;3740059;
    I had to laugh a your post, because over the years I have done the same thing.
    One day, I looked in cabinet and realized I had more shampoo, conditioner, gel, mousse, etc.... than the store and salons.
    All promising beautiful silky shinny hair, that people would stop you on the street just to run their fingers through.
    I've finally cut mine down to just 4 products and a ceramic round brush and Ion blow dryer. But, I am tempted sometimes.
    Yeah, I have three different shampoos and conditioners-the colour care, the volume, and then the glossing/shine. It's crazy, but it keeps my hair lovely.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just read an article about a shampoo cap for somebody who is confined to their bed. Apparently, you put on the cap, do the shampoo motions with your fingers and then take it off. The dirt from the hair is kept inside the cap; style as usual. No water necessary. I thought that was very interesting. The person who wrote the article was very impressed with it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When my mother was in the hospital with cancer, they wouldn't allow her to clean up due to the staples down her mid section. My aunt would bring in the dry shampoo and it really took that greasy look away and it smelled very clean. Toward the end we weren't allowed to brush her teeth or do her hair anymore but for a little bit she looked fabulous with painted nails and clean hair!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I've been looking into dry shampoos, because I have coloured hair and I would like to shampoo no more than twice a week because my hair is super, super dry, but at the same time it gets greasy. Dry shampoos are also great for volumizing, from what I hear.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I have the same problem Trista. I have super fine hair yet it looks dirty all the time. It's dry and it has the worst fly-aways!! I give up and just put it in a ponytail now. My aunt used to work for Vidal Sasoon (sp?) and she swears by the dry shampoos especially for pregnant or older people... I say older but I'm sure she meant my age!! hahaha
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread