+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 87 FirstFirst ... 347475767778798081828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Re: Hair problem or questions

I don't have a "problem" so much as a question.

What's your favorite source online for pictures of hairdos? I've got a formal wedding reception in early October. I want to have my shoulder-length hair styled Grace Kelly like, a la this picture: http://entimg.msn.com/i/150/Movies/Actors2/FilmTVClass88360947_150x200.jp g

But I'm looking for variations. Any suggestions?

That looks wonderful! Muy elegante! I always browse hair cuts and hair dos. There are a lot of places out there in computer land.

WOOT! I found my style! And it's a WIG, so they show front, back and BOTH sides. Great example to show my hairdresser.

Finger Wave Wig from Lacey - Wigs - 123Wigs.com

I'm especially happy because I do have bangs, and wanted to incorporate them somehow, and this incorporates them into the finger weave.

I'm actually going to go to an older lady who has a neighborhood shop up the street, rather than my usual "new blood" modern salon. I think a more mature woman would be better versed in how to create this kind of style.

I hope it won't be too expensive.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can't wait to hear how you like your results! I love people who are adventurous with their hair!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3711083;
    I love people who are adventurous with their hair!
    LOL!

I've usually played it pretty straight with my hair. I'm a born blonde, and dabbled in new wave, punk and goth styles for years. But my bottom line was always "keep it feminine, keep it pretty." So I never did anything too radical with my hair.

For years, the most adventurous I got was getting a shag 'do and dying the underlayers bright red. Then, last year, I finally decided to REALLY go all-out with color.

I had it dyed all black, with a few chunks of bright, vermilion red. I got bored with that after a while, and had it reversed - mostly bright red with some black bits here and there. Then I got bored with all of that and missed my blonde, so I had the color stripped and had it dyed a shade a little lighter than my dark blonde.

I'm back to my original color now, with no plans to do anything radical with it - for now.

Well, I think the time has finally come. I'm about to turn 41 and the gray hairs are getting a little bit too plentiful for my taste, although some people say they don't even see them. I pluck all I can find (not a big deal, since I have very thick hair), but I know I'm missing some in the back.

I love my hair color and just want to cover the grays. Any advice on semi-permanent color?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3715142;
    Well, I think the time has finally come. I'm about to turn 41 and the gray hairs are getting a little bit too plentiful for my taste, although some people say they don't even see them. I pluck all I can find (not a big deal, since I have very thick hair), but I know I'm missing some in the back.

I love my hair color and just want to cover the grays. Any advice on semi-permanent color?
    Clairol Natural Instincts is good semi permanent. I actually think that the Loreal Excellance Creme is less harsh and gentler on my hair and it is permenant.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay;3715156;
    Clairol Natural Instincts is good semi permanent. I actually think that the Loreal Excellance Creme is less harsh and gentler on my hair and it is permenant.
    I'm less concerned about gentle and more concerned with it washing out gradually so I don't have roots!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Garnier Nutrisse is a brand I've used, Critical, and the color tends to last pretty well. Sarah Jessica Parker does the ads for them, I think. Beauty supply stores also sell this thing called Gray Out or Gray Magic. I've seen it sold in little containers next to the other hair dye products. I think it's supposed to help cover gray when used w/ hair dye as well. Does anyone know the exact name of that or whether it's just a gimmick?

ETA: I Googled it. It's called Gray Magic. Sounds a little too good to be true, though.
    Last edited by chrisg; 09-30-2009 at 06:22 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I used to use Clairol and loved it. If you just need to touch up roots, use equal parts of the liquids (if you don't need to use the entire application).

+ Reply to Thread