+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 87 FirstFirst ... 317172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3500318;
    I use Maybelline XXL which is about $10 and I can't believe how long and thick my lashes look when I use it. I think I'll stick with that. Can't afford $1500 a year for long lashes right now.
    Omg....I don't either! Like I mentioned earlier, I use straight Lumingan...it runs about $35 for a 3 months supply..but it is prescription only.

I luckily already have long lashes but I use Benefit's BadGal Lash or Diorshow to make them look absolutely huge. If you want a cheaper way to get longer-looking lashes than extensions, a lot of people like Lancome's Cils Booster, but they animal-test which is a no-no. The effect isn't permanent, just for when you wear mascara-but it works.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

I love Lancome's Cils Booster, it really works and they always give you a free sample of mascara to go with it!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3500424;
    Omg....I don't either! Like I mentioned earlier, I use straight Lumingan...it runs about $35 for a 3 months supply..but it is prescription only.
    That's pretty reasonable. I looked online and Latisse hasn't been approved by Health Canada yet, though, so I guess I'd better not toss out my mascara yet.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3500424;
    Would a doctor give you a prescription for this if all you needed it for is to make your lashes longer?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3502325;
    Would a doctor give you a prescription for this if all you needed it for is to make your lashes longer?
    I doubt that any insurance company would put this on their preferred formulary list.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3502325;
    Yes, a doctor would give you a prescription for it. (In the clinic I go to, there are ads for it on the tables in the dermatology and plastic surgery departments.) Insurance coverage -- or lack thereof -- has no bearing on the doctor's prescribing something.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Growl!! I just bleached my hair using a product that swears it will turn even the darkest brown hair a beautiful blonde. I got tired of sitting with it burning my head for over an hour and rinsed it out. Lovely shade of orange/white with points of dark spots all over. I sent my husband out to get me a dark blonde dye to see if I can at least cover it up a bit. I have to go to my BIL's house tomorrow morning to see the in-laws for Father's Day. I may have to wear a hat!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3512545;
    Growl!! I just bleached my hair using a product that swears it will turn even the darkest brown hair a beautiful blonde. I got tired of sitting with it burning my head for over an hour and rinsed it out. Lovely shade of orange/white with points of dark spots all over. I sent my husband out to get me a dark blonde dye to see if I can at least cover it up a bit. I have to go to my BIL's house tomorrow morning to see the in-laws for Father's Day. I may have to wear a hat!!
    Oh no! Do you have a beauty school nearby where they can fix your color for a discounted rate? I think your hair needs professional intervention at this point!

I would second the professional intervention advice. However, if that's not an option, I once had to call the Loreal hotline (on the backs of their hair color boxes) and they were a great help. It was back when I was still dying my own hair and I totally screwed it up (which is why I don't dare touch it myself nowadays). Anyway, I described what my hair looked like and they told me what to buy to fix it. It turned out pretty good, considering. If it was Loreal, call its hotline and they might be able to help you pick out the right thing to cover it. Good luck!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread