+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 87 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3498750;
    This isn't really a post about hair on the head but I didn't know where else to post this. Has anyone ever used Revitalash or Latisse? These products use the active ingredient in Lumigan which is used to treat glaucoma and one of the side effects is that it grows thicker and longer lashes.
    I began using Revitalash in September of 07, by Christmas I was trimming my eyelashes because they were hitting my sunglasses. The FDA forced the makers of Revitalash to change it's formula since it was not being sold by prescription but the new formula was not as effective. The new product Latisse which is endorsed by Brooke Shields is available by prescription only but is quite expensive.
    Anyone use these products?
    I have also been wondering this. My oldest daughter (now 30) lost her eyelashes when she was a teenager, and it has really bothered her for years - she's very blonde. I'd love to know if this stuff works. It sure would do her a world of good.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.;3498805;
    I have also been wondering this. My oldest daughter (now 30) lost her eyelashes when she was a teenager, and it has really bothered her for years - she's very blonde. I'd love to know if this stuff works. It sure would do her a world of good.
    I can vouch for the product, it really works! Not only do they thicken and grow your lashes, they darken them. Like I mentioned, it is quite expensive about $120-$150 a tube which they say lasts a month. I actually just use the straight Lumigan which is much less costly but it is prescription only as well.
    LATISSE™ Home | LATISSE™ — the first and only FDA-approved eyelash growth treatment

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Trimming your lashes??? I think I'd use my long, lush lashes as an excuse to lay in a supply of fabulous sunglasses!!!

When you stop using the stuff that grows the eyelashes, did I hear that they go back to what they were before?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3499095;
    When you stop using the stuff that grows the eyelashes, did I hear that they go back to what they were before?
    Yes, unfortunately it's true....they go back to their original length if you stop using it. Luckily, I have a nice supply of Lumigan to keep my lashes long, dark and thick for many many months to come!

Just a warning for any light-eyed people that may consider using Latisse. If i understood it correctly, it mentioned in the Brooke Shields commercial that it may cause brown patches in your eyes, which may be permanent. It also said that it can cause dark patches on your eyelids, but said that was reversible. So if I had blue or green eyes, I'd think twice about using it. I have brown eyes and I have to say I'm intrigued by it. I'll wait until its been on the market for awhile, though. Just to see if they unearth any other side effects.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3499954;
    Just a warning for any light-eyed people that may consider using Latisse. If i understood it correctly, it mentioned in the Brooke Shields commercial that it may cause brown patches in your eyes, which may be permanent. It also said that it can cause dark patches on your eyelids, but said that was reversible. So if I had blue or green eyes, I'd think twice about using it. I have brown eyes and I have to say I'm intrigued by it. I'll wait until its been on the market for awhile, though. Just to see if they unearth any other side effects.
    I've been using it for almost two years and I have had no adverse side effects. No darkening of my lids or anything like that. I have light brown eyes and no changes in the color (so far) but I have grown a mysterious third eye in the middle of my forehead with very long eyelashes I might add!!
    Kidding!!!

Lutrisse is made by the same people that make Botox, isn't it? Allergan, I believe.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Latisse is made by Allergen who makes Botox...you are correct!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3500160;
    I've been using it for almost two years and I have had no adverse side effects. No darkening of my lids or anything like that. I have light brown eyes and no changes in the color (so far) but I have grown a mysterious third eye in the middle of my forehead with very long eyelashes I might add!!
    Kidding!!!

Well, at least it has long lashes.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD

I use Maybelline XXL which is about $10 and I can't believe how long and thick my lashes look when I use it. I think I'll stick with that. Can't afford $1500 a year for long lashes right now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread