+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by jules77
    The original Amplify line used to strip colour but Matrix has come out with Amplify for coloured hair.Have you tried it?

You have just made my night. I must run out and find some as soon as I get up tomorrow. Does it have that same yummy smell?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Not sure about the scent but if you want big hair try TIGI Headbanger spray wax.Spray it on dry and it gives you big,rockstar texture.I have fine hair myself so I'm tuned into all of the products for bigger hair.
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

I have a question. Currently, my hair is the longest it has been in years, and it is driving me absolutely batty! I'm really wanting to cut it off, the only thing is, that come January, I'll be doing some traveling, and I won't really have time for visiting the stylist. Are there any shorter cuts that you can suggest that are relatively low maintenance, that will grow out gracefully??? (I hate when you have a really short style, and you like it for two weeks- then it turns into a mullet. I don't have the money to get it professionally done that often! )
    Here's a picture of the sort of style that I like.
    Any suggestions?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by brenna; 11-18-2003 at 01:50 AM.
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    *** But I don`t have many clients who bother me at all. I`m really friendly, and I`ve got the best clientelle. The only thing I wish: is I could do everyone`s hair over here, who I`ve gotten to know, talk to, and have seen your pictures..... Then I wouldn`t be struggling with my own business, because of the economy. I now have two self- employment jobs doing hair.
    Oh Jillibean, I would sooooo visit your salon in a FLASH! You sound so good! How long does it take to drive from St. Paul, MN, to wherever you are in Indiana? I am sooo THERE!

And I'd just like to add a huge freakin' thank you for all your advice on my hair, and posting pictures to boot (never got to see the second one, darn, but thank YOU for trying!).

I'd also like to add a big thank you for helping all the wonderful FORT ladies with hair questions. Thank you! I think we're all very happy you're obliging us.

Anyhow...you da WOman. .

ETA: This thread is sooo fun to read, in a guilty girlie pleasure kind of way. I would love to see you all with your new 'do's!

Quote Originally Posted by jules77
    I'm going to agree with Jillibean on all of these points but I also have to add my biggest pet peeve.It drives me crazy when my clients have a friend or relative that sits there(usually in the stylist's way)And puts thier two cents into EVERYTHING you are doing.Or if a partner/spouse is there and they can't keep thier hands/lips off of each other and you're trying to do thier hair.So gross!

OH MY GOSH Jules, I forgot about that one. How annoying!! And the people in my way, usually a little kid?.................I just accidently run into him, and say: "You better sit down over here, before I knock you down." Then the parent starts to help, by telling the kid to sit down. I never had an adult in my way, thank goodness.

FORT Fogey
    For all you moms w/little girls and their still "virgin" little girl hair w/no damage thus no body, I love amplify! I spray it on her hair after her shower and then when I dry it her hair doesn't get flat soo soon and look a mess. I keep her hair in a bob too but the amplify is really great on her kid hair.

Hey Jilli and Jules how about clients who are regulars but once in awhile go to another stylist?? Is that cheating? I feel that way. The girl who does my hair has done it for 12 years I love her. But every so often like maybe 1 a year or even less I think we get in a rut and I go to someone else for a cut, never color, is that offensive?

Thanks for the great tips Jillibean!

Wyndmere (good to see you around again!): I've been using Loreal Excellence color with the before and after conditioner and really like it. I've used the "medium reddish brown" and "light reddish brown" depending on the season and always get lots of compliments on it. I think my hair's in pretty good condition after 5 years of coloring with this.

Jill: I have fine, straight hair (although the grey is coming in a bit coarser). Right now it's bobbed at chin-length and looks fine if I blow it with a round brush. However I have rheumatoid arthritis and there are some days that I can't do any kind of styling because my hands don't work. I'm thinking of just letting it grow long again so I can pull it back, but want to look professional (but cute!). Any low-maintenance ideas?

P.S. I'm a little chubby and wonder if short hair would make me look like a pin-head.

Molly, have you ever seen the Revo Styler? It is a rotating brush that you use with your hairdryer. It is supposed to be easier on your hands than drying with a round brush. It has two sizes of bruses. I do not own one, but am waiting for them to come out with a version with a dryer inside. I am not sure that they will ever do that, but I can hope.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    I`ve never like henna, myself. In my experience, it dried out, or ruined the hair.

Please dont ever try a permanent color on your eyebrows. The stylists who do that use a special semi-permanent for resistent you can only find in the supply house. They dry brush it on.

About the Henna though, if it works for you, never mind my concern. For my hair is baby fine, and thin. A lot of my color clients have fine hair as well. I just use: Redken, a gentler product that doesn`t destroy the cuticle of your hair.

You have the same color of hair that I do. In the summer, people call me a blond.
    Wow! I have only ever heard that henna conditions the hair as it colors. My hair could actually use a little roughing up as it is often too soft to do anything to without weighing it down with tons of product.

I have used the semipermanent brow color and it either does not take or fades too fast. The only brow and lash treatment that I ever loved was given to me by an ancient stylist. She used a "special" blend of her own that she has used for 30 years. It was permanent color and now I wish I had gotten her recipe.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    Molly, have you ever seen the Revo Styler? It is a rotating brush that you use with your hairdryer. It is supposed to be easier on your hands than drying with a round brush. It has two sizes of bruses. I do not own one, but am waiting for them to come out with a version with a dryer inside. I am not sure that they will ever do that, but I can hope.

They actually do have a round brush with a hair dryer inside. It doesn't rotate though. Anyway, I used it for a long time, but it took to long to dry my hair (even after drying it with my other dryer first) so I stopped using it.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread