+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2969707172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Hair problem or questions

Beer! That takes me back....when I was in college it was a popular setting lotion, but was a big deal as no alcohol was allowed in the women's dorms (no co-ed dorms then!). Some girls threw a fit at being deprived of their favorite setting lotion. On the other hand, when I was in junior high my mom tried it , and I have to say we did NOT think the smell went away. Now that might be an appealing scent to some guys.... We tried mixing cologne in, but didn't help. But it did make the hair shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3445623;
    Is the Aveeno sulfate free?
    The first 5 ingredients on the bottle are:

Shampoo: Water, Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate, Dimethicone, Sodium cumenesulfonate, Cocamide MEA

Conditioner: Water, Dimethicone, cyclopentasilozane, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Methosulfate.

It doesn't have the SLS, but there is sulfate. What I have noticed is that the shampoo is not a 'rich, luxurious lather' it almost feels as if you were washing your hair with conditioner, very low foaming. I was really hoping for an all organic shampoo and conditioner, but my hair just feels and looks amazing with this stuff.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3445882;
    Wow! Just found this thread. I have fine, curly hair that is thinning with age but since I started out with very thick hair, it's not so bad.

I'm a big fan of the Devachan method of cutting curly hair dry, so that the 'curl families' stay together and you don't get that uneven shrinkage. Best part is that I only get my hair cut every 12 weeks or so. I only use their products (shampoos are sulfate-free), which aren't that expensive. And really, when you have curly hair, price isn't really an object -- we just want consistent, excellent results without having to try/toss crap products that don't work or work once.
    The last time I got my hair cut, I went to a salon that uses that method. I'll go back, probably soon (it needs shaping). I also use the Deva gel, but didn't want to pay $20 a bottle for shampoo and conditioner each. I use Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo, it's sulfate free and is about $4. I've had to experiment with conditioners, though. There are some decent organic ones out there, including some at Whole Foods -- Aubrey Organics, I think. That one is so condition-y I actually have to be careful with it, it can leave my hair oily.
    There's a lot of curly hair advice at Welcome to NaturallyCurly.com!, which may have been mentioned in this thread before.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I'm thinking of dying my hair back to blonde...and having it cut in the style of Farrah Fawcett in honor of her courageous struggle with cancer. I used to wear it that way for years! My hair is currently Blue Black!

What do you think? Can we start a new old trend? =^.^=
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3457574;
    I'm thinking of dying my hair back to blonde...and having it cut in the style of Farrah Fawcett in honor of her courageous struggle with cancer. I used to wear it that way for years! My hair is currently Blue Black!

My high school photos have me with the Farrah hairdo. I loved it actually. My hair isn't long enough to do that with now and I really don't want to go back to using the curling iron to get it to flip like that. But I do think it's a great tribute to her.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think a better tribute would be a mammogram, a different kind of cancer screening, or a donation to cancer research. BUT... If you want to go blonde go for it!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

My hair isn't blond but I do wear it that way a lot
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

My only advice, misskitty, is to not try that at home! If your hair is blue black and you try to go blonde, you could end up with orange hair if you're not careful. You need someone that knows what they are doing to accomplish a transformation that dramatic.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

We'll love you either way-blueblack, platinum white or anything in between!

This isn't really a post about hair on the head but I didn't know where else to post this. Has anyone ever used Revitalash or Latisse? These products use the active ingredient in Lumigan which is used to treat glaucoma and one of the side effects is that it grows thicker and longer lashes.
    I began using Revitalash in September of 07, by Christmas I was trimming my eyelashes because they were hitting my sunglasses. The FDA forced the makers of Revitalash to change it's formula since it was not being sold by prescription but the new formula was not as effective. The new product Latisse which is endorsed by Brooke Shields is available by prescription only but is quite expensive.
    Anyone use these products?

+ Reply to Thread