+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 87 FirstFirst ... 286869707172737475767778798081828384858687 LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

I think the tea sounds the best (I'd probably want to drink the beer-flat or not- but I do this in the am before work and I don't think my boss would appreciate a beer smell---even if done for beauty's sake)

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3416943;
    3. Beer. This is supposed to be the BEST hair setting lotion. Needs to be flat, spray in hair while wet. I haven't tried it yet as I keep forgetting to set out one of hubby's beers in order for it too have time to go flat before I take a shower. Sources say the beer smell will go away once hair is dry and any unused beer should be kept in the fridge for later use. I just set out a bottle. I will try this once the beer has had time to go flat. I will let you know if it works.
    Wow, I'd forgotten all about beer as a hair setting 'lotion', but I used to use it when I was much younger. It does work, the smell does go away, too (but perhaps not quickly enough for heading out the door to work, ).

Meanwhile (back at the ranch), I used to have very thick and curly hair. After major surgery several years back, my hair thined quite a bit (I'd known in advance that this was a possible side effect). So, I cut my 'sit upon' hair back, and have been wearing it short ever since. It is so thin, and doesn't grow very quickly, but I just had to get a haircut yesterday.

The hairdresser (who was new to me, although the salon was not) and I had some communication problems. Suffice it to say that I now have a military style buzz cut, , and I'm not kidding. I like it short, but she basically saved back and sides, and cut the top, well, very short. But, it is hair, and it will grow back.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can you spike it and make it work?? I am for you!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3417146;
    Can you spike it and make it work?? I am for you!
    , if it were longer, it would spike by itself, it's really not quite 'Two Bald Guys' territory, but it's close. I'm talking shorter than military. However, in another couple of weeks, it should be long enough to put some stuff in it, and have it stand up. For now, I'm going with the huge earrings look, .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing;3417136;
    Wow, I'd forgotten all about beer as a hair setting 'lotion', but I used to use it when I was much younger. It does work, the smell does go away, too (but perhaps not quickly enough for heading out the door to work, ).

Meanwhile (back at the ranch), I used to have very thick and curly hair. After major surgery several years back, my hair thined quite a bit (I'd known in advance that this was a possible side effect). So, I cut my 'sit upon' hair back, and have been wearing it short ever since. It is so thin, and doesn't grow very quickly, but I just had to get a haircut yesterday.

The hairdresser (who was new to me, although the salon was not) and I had some communication problems. Suffice it to say that I now have a military style buzz cut, , and I'm not kidding. I like it short, but she basically saved back and sides, and cut the top, well, very short. But, it is hair, and it will grow back.
    Well summer is coming!

I've always wished I could wear my hair like that, I envy women with super short hair. On me, it would like like astroturf on top of a bowling ball. (brown astroturf)

I have tried very short hair a few times and it has never looked good on me.

But back when I lived in Florida, I used to wish I could just shave my head. My head is the part of me that perspires the most and then it gets itchy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3416948;
    I think the tea sounds the best (I'd probably want to drink the beer-flat or not- but I do this in the am before work and I don't think my boss would appreciate a beer smell---even if done for beauty's sake)
    I tried this today. I shampooed with Head and Shoulders. Then I soaked my hair in coffee. I've read it will darken hair, so I am trying that. I let that sit for a while, rinsed it out, then soaked my hair in Miller Lite. Left that on for a little while then rinsed. I had to spray some detangler in since I didn't use a conditioner this time. I blow dried my hair and seriously the only thing I caught a whiff of was the coffee. Once my hair was completely dried, it smelled like Head and Shoulders. Just so happen Mr. Melitta came home right after I had gotten out of the shower, hair still wet and he didn't smell the beer. When he asked what he was smelling for I showed him the beer bottle and he got that look like, "I can't believe you used my beer for your hair!!" Anyway, my hair is really soft and shiny. I didn't curl it, but I have my doubts to if a curl would stay in since it is so soft. With the tea, my hair feels like it has a lotion in it, kind of makes it a little stiffer (for lack of a better word). I still have at least a half of the bottle of beer left and I didn't wait for the beer to go flat, so tomorrow I will try it again and see if the smell is any different. Verdict for today is, No beer smell afterwards, hair is soft (really soft) and shiny. Not sure if it would hold a curl or not though.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Well, for the last few months I have been playing around with some different products. I did get the shampoo bars and they were a no go. However, the soap that company makes is awesome. I will be buying more of that! Anyway, I have quit adding in any coffee, beer or tea in my hair. When the shampoo bars weren't working, I ran to the store and had intended on buying Dove shampoo, but ended up coming home with the new Aveeno shampoo and conditioner. While I do still plan on trying the Dove products for something to switch out with, the Aveeno products are awesome, simply awesome. It has been about 3 weeks since I started using them and my hair just keeps getting better and better. It is soft, shiny and virtually tangle free (haven't had a trim in about 6 months) and still holds a curl. I also did a full color on my hair since I have been using them and I have not had the noticeable fading, stripping of color, drying or the wads of hair that normally fall out after coloring. Normally within a week, my gray would be showing, it has been just over 2 weeks and still no gray. I am so happy! I am using the moisturizing products with the spray in conditioner. It is a little pricey at almost $7 a bottle, but my daughter and I have both been using it everyday for about 3 weeks, we both have long hair and there is still a little less than half the bottle left. The Aveeno is a keeper for me!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Is the Aveeno sulfate free?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3445623;
    Is the Aveeno sulfate free?
    Not by a long shot -- the sulfates are among the first on the ingredient list on the back of the shampoo bottles.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Wow! Just found this thread. I have fine, curly hair that is thinning with age but since I started out with very thick hair, it's not so bad.

I'm a big fan of the Devachan method of cutting curly hair dry, so that the 'curl families' stay together and you don't get that uneven shrinkage. Best part is that I only get my hair cut every 12 weeks or so. I only use their products (shampoos are sulfate-free), which aren't that expensive. And really, when you have curly hair, price isn't really an object -- we just want consistent, excellent results without having to try/toss crap products that don't work or work once.

+ Reply to Thread