+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 276768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Ok, I have to ask, how do you use a shampoo bar? Do you just lather it up with your hands and then put the lather on your head?

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3414660;
    Ok, I have to ask, how do you use a shampoo bar? Do you just lather it up with your hands and then put the lather on your head?
    I don't. I wet my hair, as usual, run the bar across the hair, it will lather up just fine!
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

brunette trixie, The web site I ordered from said you could do it either way. The lady who makes this stuff said that rubbing the bar in her hair usually gives her more tangles, so she prefers to rub the bar in her hands and then put it in her hair.

MissThing, I love what you have listed as your location! LOL
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Melitta - do you have an Ulta store in your area? I just went to the one here a few months ago and they had more shampoo brands (and all other cosmetics) than I have ever seen in one place in my entire life. Thought you might be interested in that!

Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3415164;
    Melitta - do you have an Ulta store in your area? I just went to the one here a few months ago and they had more shampoo brands (and all other cosmetics) than I have ever seen in one place in my entire life. Thought you might be interested in that!

Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts
    doxie, we do have an Ulta here. I keep forgetting about it, LOL. My main goal is to find a shampoo or two that will keep my hair nice. Preferably, I would like to find something that is all natural or at least without SLS and Parabens. The only thing is, most of the SLS and Paraben free shampoos that I have tried have made my hair feel awful. LOL. Yesterday I tried a apple cider vinegar, water and honey rinse. You put it in your hair after shampooing and don't rinse it out. My hair was a little tangly, but not too bad. I would definately use it when I straighten my hair. Acts kind of like a setting lotion in my hair. Hair was really soft and a lot less frizzy and flyaway and it still looks that way this morning. It also wasn't greasy or gunky like I thought it would be. LOL We get flyers for Ulta all the time, it is just in an area that I don't go to often. I am going to have to go check it out. I want to try the Redken fresh curls that has been recommended.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

When your hair tangles (and mine likes to tangle due to the curls), I hope you are using a wide-toothed comb and untangling, starting from the ends going toward the roots.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Will trade, head of thick, but super fine, ultra straight hair that doesn't like to hold a curl for a head of nice curly hair, problems and all.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I know. I want to know what I can do for curling white hair. I have short white/brown hair with the top middle completely white (like a skunk). How can I get the white to hold a curl, short of a perm?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3416852;
    I know. I want to know what I can do for curling white hair. I have short white/brown hair with the top middle completely white (like a skunk). How can I get the white to hold a curl, short of a perm?
    I asked my daughter and she said that the best way is the old fashioned, wash and set with curlers while wet. She does a lot of elderly (not implying you are elderly, but their hair is totally white, not just in places) hair in the school and she said these women come in once a week for a shampoo and set and that the curls are still there a week later when they come back (I can't imagine going a week without washing my hair, but I'm also not 90 and frail).
    She said Dippity-Do is still the best setting lotion to use (I didn't know they still made it-I used to be fascinated by my mom's jar of it when I was little).

If you don't want to do it yourself, check one of the cosmotology schools. My daughter's school charges a whopping $8 for a shampoo and set.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3416852;

Famita, this may sound weird, but these are some of the best setting "lotions" that I have tried and you may just have them in your house already.

1. Tea, like regular iced tea. Brew some up, let cool and then spray on hair while it's wet.
    2. 1 teaspoon honey, 1 cup warm water. Add to hair while wet also.

I have used both of these and while my hair is wavy, I curl the ends to try to hide when I have split ends, most of the time the curl falls out . Both of these have worked very well and my curl will stay in all day. They also both make my hair shiny and less flyaway. I have also used these for when I straighten my hair.

3. Beer. This is supposed to be the BEST hair setting lotion. Needs to be flat, spray in hair while wet. I haven't tried it yet as I keep forgetting to set out one of hubby's beers in order for it too have time to go flat before I take a shower. Sources say the beer smell will go away once hair is dry and any unused beer should be kept in the fridge for later use. I just set out a bottle. I will try this once the beer has had time to go flat. I will let you know if it works.

+ Reply to Thread