+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 87 FirstFirst ... 26666768697071727374757677787980818283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

MRD

Re: Hair problem or questions

I think they mean Razoring. My hair is so fine and flyaway that cutting it with a razor actually worksbetter, gives it more texture and body and makes it look less flat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have tried L'Oreal's sulphate free moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and it left my hair drier than it already was and hard to comb because of all the tangles it left. Do a google search and you will see that many people have had this same problem. Unfortunately, I didn't do the google search until after I bought it.

I am a shampoo/conditioner freak. I am constantly trying something new. I just haven't found something that works for my hair. In all fairness, I try to give each product at least 2 weeks to see what it will do. Some didn't get used past the 2nd or 3rd day simply because I was either losing to much hair or pulling out to much hair because of the tangles. In the past year I have tried:

1. WEN - Loved the first cleansing, after that BLAH!
    2. L'Oreal EverPure Moisture - Drying and tangly.
    3. Organix - Tea Tree - HORRIBLY drying and tangly. Bought Coconut also, couldn't get a comb through my daughters hair, so didn't try it.
    3. Real Solution - Loved this, did build up some, but Target quit carrying it and now I can't find it.
    4. Head and Shoulders - Always a decent one to fall back on.
    5. Jessicurl - Loved this, all organic, but have to order off the internet and pay shipping and that gets pricey.
    6. Garnier Fructis Wonder Waves - Drying and tangles also.
    7. John Frieda Weather Works - Was OK, but built up and weight my hair down.
    8. Neutrogena Triple Moisture - This stuff is awesome, but again it starts to weight my hair down after a couple of weeks.
    9. Vitamin Acai Berry - This stuff smells just awesome and the smell stayed in your hair all day! But, it was also very drying and made my hair tangled.

At the moment I am trying to use up some of the many bottles I have now. But, I am still looking for that ONE that will work. I have started doing the Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar rinse, but I add Rosemary (for moisture) and Sage (to naturally cover the gray). Down fall to that is, the vinegar brings out the red in my hair. On the upside, it closes the hair shaft and makes the hair extremely shiny. I have been mixing all three together, but I think my next mixture will be the Sage and Rosemary together, let that soak and then do the Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. Since the ACV closes the hair shaft, I may not be getting all the benefits of the Sage and Rosemary before the hair shaft closes. The Sage DOES actually cover gray hair, it takes a couple of days to notice, but it really does. Or it could be that the ACV makes your hair so shiny that the gray isn't as noticable. LOL
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find Real Solutions at Rite Aid.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Melitta I have the same problem with most shampoos/conditioners. I have super fine hair which is getting more and more dry as I age. I try to wash every other day just to keep it from breaking off but even with doing that, it is so frizzy on the top and it always looks like I have a balloon being rubbed on my hair. Sudzz Fx Cashmere Hydrating line is amazing but it is pricey and I have to get it at a beauty salon or supply store. I usually only have enough to splurge on that line once a year.
    Yup, with donuts!!

prhoshy, we don't have a Rite Aid in our area! We did go to the one near my brother's house in WA state and they had all kinds of goodies. LOL. I am not sure why we don't have one here.

Buglover, I am going to go check the Target web site for the shampoo you suggested. I was looking on there this morning and they are carrying all kinds of the higher priced shampoo/conditioners now. CHI, Bumble and Bumble, Giovanni, PureOlogy, Aveeno, Aveda Pure and Avalon..just to name a few. Some are in the stores, some are just online. Most of those listed above, I have seen with pretty good reviews and if you don't like the product, Target will let you return it at the store. I dislike ordering stuff like shampoo online, cause if I don't like it, I have to pay to send it back. I just end up keeping it.

Melitta, have you tried the Redken line? I swear by Redken's Fresh Curls to tame my natural curls.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3413041;
    Melitta I have the same problem with most shampoos/conditioners. I have super fine hair which is getting more and more dry as I age. I try to wash every other day just to keep it from breaking off but even with doing that, it is so frizzy on the top and it always looks like I have a balloon being rubbed on my hair. Sudzz Fx Cashmere Hydrating line is amazing but it is pricey and I have to get it at a beauty salon or supply store. I usually only have enough to splurge on that line once a year.
    Have you tried Frizz-Ease -Secret Weapon-Finishing Creme? you use it after you dry your hair. I have had good luck with it for the frizzes.

I have natural curly, fine hair. I used to have it high-lighted and colored to cover gray, but decided to go natural. At first I hated it but now that the color has worn off, I like it. That has helped with the dryness and frizzes. My scalp gets dry, usually worse when I'm outside.
    The products that I've used with success.
    Head-n-Shoulders Smooth & Silky, Neutrogena Daily Control 2-1,Neutrogena dry Scalp Soothing Creme Rinse, Frizz-Ease Secret Weapon Finishing Creme.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3412957;
    I have tried L'Oreal's sulphate free moisturizing shampoo and conditioner and it left my hair drier than it already was and hard to comb because of all the tangles it left.
    I tried a sample of L'Oreal EverPure; it didn't leave my hair dry, but I still get much better results from the Trader Joe's sulfate-free shampoos and conditoners (Tea Tree Tingle and Nourish Spa) -- and at less than five bucks for a half-litre bottle! I'll stick with them.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3413097;
    Melitta, have you tried the Redken line? I swear by Redken's Fresh Curls to tame my natural curls.

lildago, you are the second person to tell me about Redken's Fresh Curls. I think that I am going to give that a try. Thank you!

I was just on a web site that makes all natural shampoo bars...yes, a BAR of shampoo. LOL. I ordered 3 different sample bars (Extra Honey, Beer and Egg ~ Carrot, Milk and Honey ~ Olive and Babassu. Wanted to try a few more (Mud and Clay ~ Lavendar ~ Cafe Moreno) but they were sold out. Looking forword to trying these bars. Many, many testimonials that these things were the best thing since sliced bread. I ordered some of their soap bars also. They even have one with chocolate in it for the antioxidents, but it was sold out. Many said their soap has helped with eczema, I don't have eczema, but if they are that moisturizing I want to give them a try!

The web site is Chagrin Valley All Natural Handmade Soap if anyone is curious. Will report back in a few weeks and post if the shampoo bars actually work or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3414650;
    Will report back in a few weeks and post if the shampoo bars actually work or not.
    I have never used that brand, but Lush Cosmetics also makes a variety of shampoo bars (and conditioner), all of which have worked well for me. Good luck .
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread