+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23636465666768697071727374757677787980818283 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;3325316;
    I just got brave enough to let my hair go to its natural color. So now it's mostly grey with a little darn brown thrown in. I've been thinking about it for a while, and finally decided to just go for it. My hair is short, so it only took a few hair cuts for it to be completely my natural color. And I love it! I've gotten so many compliments on it. I was completely surprised by that. It makes me wonder how bad my hair looked before!!!

Good for you. I've seen lots of women with silver/gray hair that looked beautiful. You have to know when its time. My poor grandmother was still dyeing her hair into her late 70's and it was turning all kinds of funky colors (pink, purple, orange, you name it) because her hair wouldn't take the color anymore. After she started getting Alzheimer's, my mom and aunts convinced her to give up the hair dye. Now her hair is a beautiful snow white.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Just do what I do and you won't have to worry about dyeing your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3329822;
    Just do what I do and you won't have to worry about dyeing your hair.
    I'll bet there are a ton of women on here who could admit to at least thinking about shaving their head so they don't have to bother with it any more.

(I know I have)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3331723;
    I'll bet there are a ton of women on here who could admit to at least thinking about shaving their head so they don't have to bother with it any more.

(I know I have)

Me too! But my head has a funny shape, so it's really not an option, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;3300570;
    I just do my 'bangs' area - as that starts to look oily quicker. It makes my whole head of hair look cleaner just to have the bangs patch clean and blown dry.

I thought I was they only one who did this! Sometimes the rest of my hair just looks and feels too good and I don't want to wash that away, so I just freshen up by washing and blowdrying my bangs. It's great for days when I don't have time to dry my super long hair.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

MRD

When I lived in Florida I used to dream about shaving my head. Now when I get one of those hot flashes where it feels like your head has caught on fire, I still think about shaving it. I could buy lots of wigs in different colors and styles and have a different hairstyle and color for every mood and outfit.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Can someone tell me the benefits of sulfate-free shampoo?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3335897;
    Can someone tell me the benefits of sulfate-free shampoo?
    What I've read is that sulfates are basically a detergent -- they help create suds, and your hair does get clean, but it's harsh on hair, and can dry it out and damage it. I've been using sulfate-free shampoo and conditioner for a while now, and while my hair does seem softer, I've also made some other changes so I can't tell you 100 percent that it's the lack of sulfates.
    Sulfate-free stuff can be hard to find, but L'Oreal has a line out, as does Burt's Bees, and if you've got a Trader Joe's nearby, they have sulfate-free hair stuff too, for very cheap. That's what I use. As do organic/health food stores.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

With respect to finding soaps/shampoos without sulfates, check the ingredients for laureth or laurel. That is a short form for sodium laureth sulfate.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My son and I have dyshidrosis aka Pompholyx, and one of our triggers is SLS. Our hands break out in tiny blisters that hurt a lot and don't go away for weeks. He's currently going through rounds of antibiotics and steriod creams right now because he got a staph infection in his hand from them.

So for some like me, the benifits are they don't cause allergic reactions.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

+ Reply to Thread