+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 87 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Hair problem or questions

I was all prepared to buy it when I saw the $14.99 and then I finished scrolling down the page and saw the real price.......
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3244552;
    I was all prepared to buy it when I saw the $14.99 and then I finished scrolling down the page and saw the real price.......
    Oh my gosh! I was also intrigued, but you are right - this bit at the end is ridiculous:
    *LIMITED TIME OFFER! $14.99 Trial Offer is for two (2) InStylers® for 30 days. After 30 days, do nothing and keep BOTH InStylers® for just three monthly payments of $39.99. The second InStyler® is FREE!! (plus S&P)

Why on earth would I need two of them!? And the second one being FREE is a load of you-know-what!!!

There is a video of a girl on youtube showing how to use it. I am not sure if I can post the link, but do a youtube search of Anti-Hair Slave, that should find her video. She is African American with some pretty big hair and while she was kind of awkward using the InStyler at first, (it was her first time using it) she never did get her hair tangled in it. Biggest concern, besides the price, it would seem is too not burn yourself with the iron.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That rotating tool that got everybody's hair tangled up in it had much longer brush bristles, and was mostly brush, wasn't it?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3244589;
    Oh my gosh! I was also intrigued, but you are right - this bit at the end is ridiculous:
    *LIMITED TIME OFFER! $14.99 Trial Offer is for two (2) InStylers® for 30 days. After 30 days, do nothing and keep BOTH InStylers® for just three monthly payments of $39.99. The second InStyler® is FREE!! (plus S&P)

Why on earth would I need two of them!? And the second one being FREE is a load of you-know-what!!!
    Wow! Seriously? That is a ton of money for a hair gadget. Trial offer? If you don't like it, you get to return it used? Gross.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I finally bought some Real Solutions shampoo and conditioner (for color treated hair), and I totally LOVE it! The shine almost requires that one wear sunglasses when gazing upon my tresses!! My hair looks good, feels good, smells Fantastic....I just really love it!!

I think we wash our hair too much which, I'm guessing, probably contributes to some of our problems, but I'm not a professional, so I'd love to hear from one who is educated in this realm. Are we our own worst enemies? We'd all probably benefit from a professional consultation to tell us what kinds of shampoos, conditioners, products we should use/stay away from for our oily hair/dry hair/psoriasis/fine hair, etc.

Maybe we just don't ask the right questions when we see our professionals? I think we should make a list of questions so that we don't forget what we really need to know.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-02-2009 at 01:23 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have tried every kind of shampoo there is from cheap to expensive to several different ones recommended by salons and nothing seems to make a difference. I have very oily hair and have to wash it a minimum of every other day. I've tried not using conditioner, thinking there may be oils in those that could be affecting my hair. That didn't seem to matter either. If anyone has the same problem and has found a product that helps I'd love to hear about it.

I've often wondered if diet could affect what goes on with your hair, along with the products, too. I just love holistically educated people who can help you think outside of the box.

Diet very much effects your hair. I used to not eat, (yes me not eat!) and my hair would get brittle and very thin. My doctor never put two and two together but a lady at Lassen's did. She told me to begin eating foods rich in vitamins and have some oil/fat in my diet. My hair came back to life a month later.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3300111;
    I have tried every kind of shampoo there is from cheap to expensive to several different ones recommended by salons and nothing seems to make a difference. I have very oily hair and have to wash it a minimum of every other day. I've tried not using conditioner, thinking there may be oils in those that could be affecting my hair. That didn't seem to matter either. If anyone has the same problem and has found a product that helps I'd love to hear about it.
    I rarely use conditioner, as it makes my hair very limp and hard to style. I find that the longer my hair is, the quicker it is to get oily. If I wear it very short, I only have to wash it every second or third day. Once it starts growing past my ears, it has to be every day.

I have tried probably hundreds of different shampoos, both salon & drugstore brands, and nothing makes a difference IMO. I do find that after I colour my hair (I use Natural Match) my hair is very shiny and healthy-looking for weeks.

I have heard that baby powder in oily hair will work in a pinch, but if I'm not mistaken there is a professional salon product that's also a powder and will absorb excess oil from the hair. I'm not sure of the name of it though, sorry...maybe your stylist would know.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread