+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 87 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3234347;
    Melitta - as the mom of 2 teen girls, I know that when they have their hair styled for proms, etc. the hairdresser tells them not to wash their hair that day. It doesn't style as well.
    I have heard that, but just couldn't go without washing my hair. Guess it is a mental thing, but my hair just feels weird if I don't wash it each day. It was different with the co-washing. It still felt, smelled and looked clean. But, also after doing the co-washing it did make me realize that the shampoo was doing something different too my hair, simply because I could do the co-washing and my hair felt fantastic and I didn't have to fuss with it like I do after shampooing. Now, I just have to figure out how long I can co-wash without my hair getting nasty, if it will, or if it will stay looking like it did those first 2 days. I am convinced the Suave Coconut is the way too go, I just have to go get some more!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

When I had my hair cut just before my son's wedding, the hairdresser told me not to wash it again beforehand if I wanted to have it styled - that was on a Thursday afternoon and the wedding was Saturday evening.

Melitta, I would think your hair would be ok with just the co-washing (although I've never tried it) since you are basically scrubbing and rinsing the sweat and dust out with the conditioner, just as you would with shampoo...
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Well, I went to Trader Joe's and bought the Tea Tree Tingle shampoo and conditioner (and figured, what the heck - got the body wash, too). Paid $3.99 per bottle. Used it last evening (LOVE the smell of these products) and, it may be my imagination, but my hair looks fuller and smoother, and feels softer after just that one use. I think I'm going to really like this stuff Thanks all for your suggestions and recommendations.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So many times, a lot of what our hair looks like is about the products we use on our hair. I think we need to come to the realization that the same products may not make our hair look good forever. I guess that means we need a repertoire, huh?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I used to absolutely have to wash my hair everyday. I had oily hair and living in Florida, you tended so perspire a lot and my head always felt gross.

About 2 years ago, I let my hair grow and the longer it got, the harder it was to dry so I started going every other day on washing it. I worked up to washing it every 3rd day and then only 2 times a week. The longer hair helped distribute the oils or so I thought. Now that it's a lot shorter, I can still go every other day without washing. My hair and skin have gotten less oily the older I've gotten.

And as Gut says, I do notice that it will hold the curl better from my curling iron on the days I don't wash it than on the days I do.

But it's funny, I don't get that gross head feeling anymore unless I've been perspiring a lot or gone more than 2 days without a shampoo. Interestingly enough, the skin behind my ears starts to itch and I know I can't put off a shampoo any longer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Has anyone seen or used this tool? The gadget girl in me says that it sounds like a really good idea. Whaddyathink?

InStyler® Rotating Hot Iron Hair Straightener
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3244030;
    Has anyone seen or used this tool? The gadget girl in me says that it sounds like a really good idea. Whaddyathink?

InStyler® Rotating Hot Iron Hair Straightener

Huh. That's one cool looking gizmo. My only fear would be my hair getting caught in it somehow. My hair is naturally straight as a board, though, so I don't really use straightners. I'm curious if it works. You'll have to let us know.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I too have stick straight hair but that looks really good! If anyone gets it, let us know how it is. I bet my step daughter would be very happy to use it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Wow, that would be awesome for my daughter's hair. If you get it, shay, let us know if it works as well as advertised.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Hey, I never said I was getting it....although it has peaked my curiosity! I first saw it on an infomercial, so keep your eyes open. Like with most hair things, I am sure there is a learning curve associated with using it.

+ Reply to Thread