+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 87 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

For tea tree oil shampoo and conditioner, Paul Mitchell's line is very nice and is widely available in beauty supply stores, many salons, and at ulta.com. However, Trader Joe's offers a much better tea tree line (organic Tea Tree Tingle) without any of the sodium laurel/laureth sulfates and other artificial bad-for-you crap -- and at a much better price (less than five bucks each for a big ol' bottle of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Ellen, I was just coming in here to ask if anyone's tried a no-sulfates shampoo and if it seemed to make any difference. Does it? And is the Trader Joe's stuff ok for colored hair?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;3232222;
    Ellen, I was just coming in here to ask if anyone's tried a no-sulfates shampoo and if it seemed to make any difference. Does it? And is the Trader Joe's stuff ok for colored hair?
    The biggest difference I notice is in the general feel and condition of my scalp (healthier). I've never had "problem hair," but I have noticed that I don't get dry dead ends as quickly (my hair is just below shoulder length). It's great for colored hair, too -- I'm in the sun a lot because of my job, and the color doesn't fade like it used to (even red).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Thanks, all! I'll be heading to Trader Joe's this weekend and will check with the dermatologist about the Luxiq and the Nizoril next time I see him! You all are the best!!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3232905;
    Thanks, all! I'll be heading to Trader Joe's this weekend and will check with the dermatologist about the Luxiq and the Nizoril next time I see him! You all are the best!!
    I have an extremely dry scalp at this point, as well. Part of it is probably due to dryness of our climate. I did stop shampooing my hair daily. I do wet it in the shower for styling purposes. Both dermatologists and hairdressers advised me against daily shampooing. Luxiq did nothing but exacerbate flaking and itchiness for me. The doctor gave me Cormax 0.05% about 2 months ago. Itchiness and flakiness have stopped. Every one is different, though, so you need to experiment. But, I hate to say it, the worst thing you can do is daily shampooing. I did it for most of my life and I can attest to that.
    Good Luck.

I stopped the daily shampooing quite a while ago; I generally do it every other day. My scalp/hair seem to do better that way.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

I, too, shampoo my hair every other day due to it's dry nature. I do have to say that I am more than impressed with the Real Solutions shampoo and conditioner I got due to a recommendation up thread. My hair and scalp are usually very dry and my hair feels great after the first use. So does my scalp. Thanks for the recommendation, Melitta! I will give you a follow-up later after I use it a while. I have fine, thin, color treated 55 year old hair, so I am tough to please! I got the Real Solutions for color treated hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootie;3233543;
    I, too, shampoo my hair every other day due to it's dry nature. I do have to say that I am more than impressed with the Real Solutions shampoo and conditioner I got due to a recommendation up thread. My hair and scalp are usually very dry and my hair feels great after the first use. So does my scalp. Thanks for the recommendation, Melitta! I will give you a follow-up later after I use it a while. I have fine, thin, color treated 55 year old hair, so I am tough to please! I got the Real Solutions for color treated hair.
    I am so glad it is working for you! I have been impressed with it, although after one full bottle, it did kind of feel like it was too moisturizing and making my hair kind of limp. So, I just used one of my "old" shampoos for a few washes. I think I am going to try the anti frizz one and see how it does.

I have also been reading up on the co-washing. Where you just "wash" with conditioner. I have been experimenting with this the last 3 days. I am painting my house, so I knew if my hair looked horrible, I didn't have to be seen by anyone but family! lol. Anyway, first day I used Suave Coconut conditioner. Just scrubed it through my hair like I would shampoo and left it in for the whole shower. Not bad. Blow dried my hair and it looked good, clean and my waves were really well defined. The second day, I was almost out of Suave Coconut, so I mixed it with my Real Solutions conditioner. AWESOME. I have not seen my wavy hair look that fluffy, shiney or flyaway free in a long time. The third day I used Pantene for Brunettes. Not really impressed. Hair wasn't as silky and smooth as before. Could this be due to not using Shampoo for 3 days or is it the conditioner? Not sure. Today I shampooed. However, I am going to get more Suave Coconut and keep experimenting with it. One thing I did notice with just conditioning, my hair really held it's style so much better. I wonder why that is?
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Melitta - as the mom of 2 teen girls, I know that when they have their hair styled for proms, etc. the hairdresser tells them not to wash their hair that day. It doesn't style as well.
    Count your blessings!

I've just recently switched suave for kids shampoo and love it. It really is much smoother and easier to deal with.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

+ Reply to Thread