+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 87 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

I started using the Perfect 10 coloring - much easier than before. I just don't have time to sit in a salon to get it done, and I love the texture of my hair after an at home coloring. I'll be doing it today - time to get ready for next week's trip.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to use one of those 10 minute Revlon coloring products, and I loved the color! I do admit that I did get color in more places than one in my apartment, which was not a good thing. That 10 minute color is a great product! I finally got a professional coloring job, and I've been doing it ever since. I MAKE the time to sit there; it's relaxing, enjoyable, and I deserve it! It takes about an hour and a half, and we have a ball!

I think we get into the bad habit of rushing too much in this country. And rushing causes stress.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm still growing out my black hair and have been using the Glaze in the shower for brown hair on my roots to keep them a little darker than my own hair color to avoid the regrowth looking horrible. I've got to cut another 3 inches off soon and then in another 6 months I should be able to cut more and just color as I would like to finally!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Just shave your head like me. I'm sure Zac will be glad to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3217060;
    Thanks! Part of the problem is that she cut off all the remaining lifeguard hair (sun golden) so besides being hideous it is darker and the grays scream out. I think I need to make an appointment for a cut AND color. I've never had my hair professionally colored. Is it much different (better?) than doing it at home? I'd really appreciate advice here. I've used color that washes out so never had to deal with roots. How often do you have to deal with roots if you're going professional?
    I have had color done professionally and it is the same as the home type that is permanent. It just depends upon how fast your hair grows out. And what color your natural hair is vs. the dye color. With my hair now a blond color, the contrast when it starts to grow out is not as great as when the gray lines began to appear on my head and my brunette hair appeared to be floating on my head! I had to dye my hair every three weeks to avoid this line effect. And the kids at school used to talk to me about that line so I know it was too obvious for my own comfort!. At this point in my life, I recommend warming up the grays, but not changing the color to a drastically darker color because of the maintenance. And with the compliments about the lighter color I now receive, I get the impression that my darker color was fighting with my aging skin. It is life changing, but I am trying to be philosophical about it. I think that a good cut and keeping my hair shiny are more important.

My roots show in two weeks. So what I do is keep a hair color kit, a bag of extra plastic gloves, and a professional coloring bowl and brush in the closet. Between the "whole head" coloring every 6 - 8 weeks, I touch up just the roots with 1/3 of the regular color kit every two weeks. With the kind of clientele I have with the main part of my business, I can't have "rooty" hair!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm still waffling. My daughter has some Sun In left over from this summer. I'm toying with using that to just lighten it up a little. Any good/bad experiences with Sun In? I really appreciate everyone's advice.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3217607;
    I'm still waffling. My daughter has some Sun In left over from this summer. I'm toying with using that to just lighten it up a little. Any good/bad experiences with Sun In? I really appreciate everyone's advice.

I am a hair stylist. Sun in is just 20% volume peroxide. If your hair is light brown or lighter it will lighten it. The problem is that it is weak and cannot bring your hair up past a brassy gold.

What color is your hair? That is the important question.

There are some other options to perk it up. One is to ask you stylist if you could buy a bottle 40% peroxide from her. That has the lifting power to bring you past the gold stage and may require several 30 minute applications.

It is always better to color select pieces when doing this so you don't get a regrowth line.

thanks shoepie. My hair is med/dark brown that turns golden in the sun.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3217623;
    thanks shoepie. My hair is med/dark brown that turns golden in the sun.
    Okay. Skip the Sun In!!

+ Reply to Thread