+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 87 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

I'll have to do something soon. School pictures are this week!
    Count your blessings!

I found a new Trader Joe's hair product that I love. I've been using their moisturizing spa shampoo and conditioner (organic ingredients, no laurel/laureth sulfates or other nasty chemicals) for the past couple of years. Their organics line has a new shampoo and conditioner -- a nice, tingly tea tree with oils of eucalyptus and mint. with the Santa Ana going on, I love the way this duo makes my scalp feel!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think we should change your screen name to "Trader Joe's".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3216998;
    I think we should change your screen name to "Trader Joe's".

Maybe I should come up with a new avatar -- or hit up TJ's for advertising pay!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Sounds like a plan!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3216948;
    I'll have to do something soon. School pictures are this week!
    Gutmutter - I have endured school pictures for the last 19 years so I know how you feel! I got through okay this year. I recently decided to let my color go to a blondish color rather than dye it brunette. Most of my hair is now white and baby fine so letting it go natural is too much for me. I also let my stylist cut my hair the way she thinks it would look good and that strategy has paid off tremendously. I get compliments on my hair nearly every day. The stylist knows me so she didn't do anything that would freak me out, but she went further and shorter with more layers than I thought my hair could take. I am grateful to her.

Many of my school pictures in the past resulted in new haircuts immediately as I looked so hideous in them! The year that my forehead was as shiny as my bald principal's was the worst...

Gutmutter, I wish you luck!

Thanks! Part of the problem is that she cut off all the remaining lifeguard hair (sun golden) so besides being hideous it is darker and the grays scream out. I think I need to make an appointment for a cut AND color. I've never had my hair professionally colored. Is it much different (better?) than doing it at home? I'd really appreciate advice here. I've used color that washes out so never had to deal with roots. How often do you have to deal with roots if you're going professional?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Depends on how fast your hair grows. i used to color at home for years. I only get it done 'professionally" now because my daughter's in school for it.

i honestly don't think that there is much difference other than price.

Most roots start showing in about 6 weeks.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My hair grows pretty fast so my roots are showing in about 2 weeks. I used to hide it by doing a zigzag part. Now I don't color my white hair. The sides and back are brown, the white is where a skunk is white.

You ladies need to practice up for your annual pictures All Year Long.....that way you know you'll always be looking good!!

And I think the beauty of salon color is not having to worry about the time, or slopping color all over your bathroom...or wherever you do it. You can also play with different tones of color with a professional who knows how to mix the colors and can do so at a whim and with the best advice.

My barber also does color on men and women. It is a laugh to watch a man get his hair colored!!

+ Reply to Thread