+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 87 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

MRD

Re: Hair problem or questions

My daughter keeps telling me that twice daily scalp massages will help to keep hair from thinning because it's a circulation problem. I don't know if once it starts to thin, the scalp massage will work, but she keeps insisting I start now, so mine doesn't thin.
    Quite personally, I was getting tired of hearing about scalp massage, but then who knew I could pass that advice along.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3211083;
    Does the label on the NIOXIN bottle say whether or not it works well for older people? My mom (almost 70) has been having problems with thinning hair. Her hair has been short and grey/silver/white for years but the thinning problem has just started recently.

MRD - I'd love to hear your daughter's opinion on this. Mom has been using some shampoo that keeps grey hair from turning yellow but she has been using that for several years and doesn't think that is what is causing the hair thinning problem.
    doxie, when your mom sees her doctor the next time, have him/her check out her thyroid and order blood work. Both an overactive or underactive thyroid can cause hair loss.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I just scanned the last 2 pages, so I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet.
    Just to remind you all, Dry scalp is not the same thing as Dandruff.
    Dandruff is clumpy, sticky and yukky. Dry scalp is just that, dry skin on your head.
    Different conditions that require different products.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I just got a haircut. I decided I liked the short hair better and asked for it to be short with mad layers. She barely cut any length and hardly any layers and left the hated Bozo the Clown clumps behind my ears. I hate it. Do I go back and demand they cut it the way I wanted or go somewhere else with a picture to make sure there are no misunderstandings? It wasn't expensive ($14) but while I was there another woman came in unhappy with her cut demanding it be fixed and after she left they made fun of her. I'm not much of a demanding my rights kind of person. What would you do?
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Go to a different salon and take a photo. photos speak much louder than words where haircuts are concerned.

If they can't cut it right the first time, they probably won't the 2nd time either. And they've messed up both yours and another woman's and then they made fun of her, so that would make me VERY leary of ever going back.

I'd not go back. EVER. And I'd let the owner know why.

(I've been watching Tabitha's Salon Takeover on Bravo and I've learned a lot! )

Just the fact that they talked about another customer in front of you would make me not want to go back. That's just tacky. I agree with myrosiedog. I would be sure to let the owner know exactly why I will not be coming back.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think you need to find somebody with a haircut that you really, really like and ask them who did the cut. Just going out there on your own, you may end up with the same amount of dissatisfaction. You can't be shy about chasing somebody down to find out who cut their hair! And it would be better for you to decide with your own eyes who has a really good cut that you like. I'd be hesitant just hearing about somebody's skills as opposed to seeing what they can actually do. And don't rule out a barber...which doesn't mean that you will get a masculine cut. There are a lot of female barbers out there (and some men) who do fabulous women's cuts, and the whole styling route, too. I go to a barber shop with 4 female barbers; they do it all! Men also come there. And I pay a lot less than I would at a salon/beauty shop.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

That's true. Before we moved here my husband and I both went to the same barber to get our hair cut. I haven't found anyone that I've liked as well since. I just wish he wasn't so darn far away now.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

On the flip side, I had a friend who used to get her hair cut by the same person that cut her husband's, and they looked like BROTHERS!!! Of course I'm not sure if it was a barber or a beautician, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Gut, try a hair school. The instructors are right there with the students checking them all through the cut and the price is good. My daugther's school charges $7.50 for a cut and those kids do some good work. And the instructor makes sure that they haven't butchered it.

+ Reply to Thread