+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 87 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Hair problem or questions

Can't wait to hear what store(s) the products will be in!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I would be SO happy if they sold WEN in a local store! I love this stuff! I had gotten the Rosemary Mint and it made my hair feel and act wonderfully. I am blonde and it made my hair shiny and held the color nicely! I paid $55 for the big giant pump bottle of it and it has lasted for months. I read other reviews of the product before I took the plunge to order it on-line and most people said that they had better results by using less pumps of the product than recommended. I agree that I didn't need to use as much as they said. I LOVE the smell of it and the fresh, tingly feeling on my scalp. Man! If anyone sees this in a store somewhere...PLEASE PM me and tell me where you bought it. Yes I do order stuff on-line...but I'd really rather not if I don't have to...and I'd like to smell the other options! Best news I heard all day!!

So the past couple of days I've had a very dry scalp. It's been very hot here and I've been taking some medication that is very drying to the system for my cold. If I condition my hair at night and leave it in will the scalp heal itself or do I now have "dandruff" forever?
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My daughter says (you know, the beauty expert. ) to massage the scalp daily to improve circulation as bad circulation can cause dandruff. It could be that the cold medicine has dried out everything and once you are off of it, it will go away on it's own.
    But using a good conditioner and also scalp massage can't hurt.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Thanks mrd! I've never really had any flakes before and I was grossed out to say the least!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3210222;
    Thanks mrd! I've never really had any flakes before and I was grossed out to say the least!!
    Ah, it's just dead skin. We shed that ALL the time from all over our body, but you see it when it's on the scalp because the hair traps it.

(that probably doesn't make you feel any better does it? Sorry. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

it's ok! I actually freaked out thinking I might have gotten lice or something but I know what that looks like and I don't rub my head anywhere near young children!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That dry skin thing is exactly one of the things that made me look for an alternative to antihistamines!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I definitely have to agree that massaging the scalp actually works!! My hair is starting to grow back and it's the baby softness type!!

I also have to recommend a shampoo called NIOXIN for thinning/falling out hair. It's working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;3210450;
    I definitely have to agree that massaging the scalp actually works!! My hair is starting to grow back and it's the baby softness type!!

I also have to recommend a shampoo called NIOXIN for thinning/falling out hair. It's working for me.
    Does the label on the NIOXIN bottle say whether or not it works well for older people? My mom (almost 70) has been having problems with thinning hair. Her hair has been short and grey/silver/white for years but the thinning problem has just started recently.

MRD - I'd love to hear your daughter's opinion on this. Mom has been using some shampoo that keeps grey hair from turning yellow but she has been using that for several years and doesn't think that is what is causing the hair thinning problem.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread