+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 87 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Same here burntbrat. Although I have always been glad that my hair is thicker than most. My friends that have really fine hair seem to have more problems with their mops than I do. I can remember as a teen/young chicky, I would put my hair up in a ponytail on top of my head and put in four big curlers and sleep like that. In the morning I would have "straighter" hair with a little manageable curl at the bottom. Then, when electric curlers came on the scene, I could get away with doing it in the morning. When I tried it on my girls, they would have none of it.

I remember the pony tail on the top of the head and I'd use (clean) oj cans as rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3183279;
    I can remember as a teen/young chicky, I would put my hair up in a ponytail on top of my head and put in four big curlers and sleep like that.
    That sounds like what I do when my girls need their hair done for dance recitals. High ponytail, sponge rollers, spray the hair as you roll it up, and the next morning, perfect Shirley Temple curls.

We did a test run with food colouring and the blue streak looked better than I expected, so I guess we'll take the plunge with real hair colouring. Ellen, she has a clip-on hairpiece - a blue braid - but she's too active, it just doesn't stay in properly. And ClosetRTWatcher - thank you for the conditioner in between shampoos idea, that sounds like it might be a good solution.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

buglover, I wanted to say thanks for posting about Manic Panic. We did the blue streak yesterday and it was the easiest and non-messy home hair colour I've ever used, and reasonably priced. It turned out exactly like the box promised. My daughter is ecstatic. An excellent product that I'd recommend if anyone is looking for hair colour in extreme shades.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3186667;
    buglover, I wanted to say thanks for posting about Manic Panic. We did the blue streak yesterday and it was the easiest and non-messy home hair colour I've ever used, and reasonably priced. It turned out exactly like the box promised. My daughter is ecstatic. An excellent product that I'd recommend if anyone is looking for hair colour in extreme shades.
    That's awesome AJane! So glad she's happy! I used that product almost a decade ago on my hair. I'm all grown up now so purple or pink hair isn't really good for corporate life but I still love to see others with different colors!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I don't know if anyone has heard about or seen the infomercials for Chaz Dean's WEN hair cleansing conditioner, but either way...I am jumping on the band wagon for his product. This stuff is awesome. I have never ordered anything from an infomercial before, but I was desperate for something to help my hair. I have been a very long time Pantene user. Recently been switching between John Frieda's Brillant Brunette and Weather Works and back to Pantene for Brunette's. While my hair was acceptable looking, it still wasn't how I wanted it to look. I still had dry and flyaway hair. When my mom made the comment that my hair didn't look like it used to, that convinced me to go ahead and order the Wen. Got it this morning and have only used it once. I am impressed. I have not cut my hair in about 5 months, so I do have dry, split ends. One use with this cleanser and my dry ends are SOFT. My hair gets so tanglely through out the day, that it became standard for me to style in the morning and that's it. No way was I going to try and comb through it or anything else during the day. I have been running my fingers through my hair all day today, still unable to believe that I can actually do that. NO TANGLES. My hair feels so soft and so light. It is so shiney and just moves. I now plan to go ahead and get my hair cut into a cut I have been dying for, but was afraid because it has layers and angles. I have always tried to keep a straight cut, as it usually means less split ends for me. Anyway, if you want to try something completely different, try the Wen. It does not "lather". It is not a shampoo, it does not strip your hair of it's natural oils. You put it in your hair like a conditioner, comb through and then leave in your hair the duration of your shower or bath. Rinse when shower/bath is done. It takes the place of your shampoo and conditioner. http://www.chazdeanstore.com/
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Nice Melitta! Thank you for sharing this with us! I might check it out too.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I will report back in a few days as I plan to color my hair (I have been putting it off for fear of damaging my hair even more) and then getting my hair cut. If this cleanser can make my hair feel this way with the sorry shape it is in, I am hoping to get even better results once I have all the dead ends cut off.

By the way, I bought my bottle from Amazon.com (which connected me to chazdean) and it was $37 with tax and shipping. According to Chaz's web site, it is saying to look for Wen products in stores soon. Doesn't give details, but really hope that they will be in a store near me before I have to order again. The cleanser is $28, the shipping was another $9, could do without the shipping cost! lol Also, I ordered the sweet almond mint, in the booklet that came with my order, I think I will be trying the Fig cleanser the next go round, as it seems to be formulated for exactly what I need. From what I hear, DO NOT get sucked up into the auto bill and shipping, that is what you will find being offered on the infomercial. Will let ya'll know the results after the color and cut.

Fig cleanser? That sounds like it would be really good for the hair and probably smells amazing!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yes, they have Sweet Almond Mint, Cucumber Aloe, Fig, Tea Tree and Lavendar. I actually meant to say that I want to try the Lavendar next. It is advertised as univeral for all hair types, rich in moisture, exceptional on dry, dehydrated hair. Creates volume and body without weighting down the hair. I want the moisture, but also the volume and body. Used the one I have on my kids last night. Never had an easier time combing out my daughter's hair and my 10 year old said as he was rinsing, "Man mom, my hair feels so smooth." Pretty good when a 10 year boy notices something like that. lol

+ Reply to Thread