+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 87 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

My hair is stick straight and I still have wild frizzies all the time. Especially now that I'm getting older. It's weird but I suppose it may be losing pigment (which I can't see because I color it) so it's getting more and more dry. I only wash my hair every 3 days but I do tend to wet it and put conditioner in while I'm soaping in the shower and rinse it out just before getting out of the shower. I haven't found a single product that doesn't make my hair look greasy to keep the frizzies away. My hair is also fine so most products just weigh it down.

The goth store sounds like it may be good and if they don't carry it, chances are someone who works there or anyone who shops there will know where to purchase it.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I use No1 "finest oil non oil for wizards' made by Davines and it's gets rid of frizzies completely! Never was able to do that before. I have straight hair but it's very processed (almost a platinum blonde currently) and I can get frizzies, especially when it's very humid. It's on the pricey side, but a bottle lasts a very, very long time since you only need a little bit of it each time you dry your hair.

Davines - English

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3182644;
    No, I straighten hers sometimes with the flat iron - which takes forever - but she's usually content to wear it curly. It's very hard to control, though, and since I've always had straight hair I'm often at a loss to know what to do with hers. A friend of mine with similar hair told me she washes hers every 3 days or so and only attempts to comb it while wet. She puts product in it when it's wet and then just leaves it. I tried that with my daughter and it kind of worked, but I usually settle for just braiding it when it gets too out-of-control.
    Oh my gosh, I am in the same situation. I have an almost-4-yo with very curly hair and my hair is completely straight. Sometimes I am at a loss when it comes to dealing with it. I do only comb it out wet because I don't want to deal with (1) her hair breaking off when it is tangled and dry and (2) her distress at me trying to comb out dry tangles!
    We visited my parents recently and I talked to a friend of theirs who has a daughter with gorgeous curls. She said she shampoos her hair once a week and rinses and conditions it (with a good quality conditioner) in between shampoos. I have tried it with my daughter and her hair is SO much softer and easier to comb out!!!

My daughters, granddaughter and myself have all been blessed with naturally curly red hair. Mine went away after having kids or getting a permanent, not sure which!

I found it a lot easier to comb out their hair while wet and to always start at the roots, maybe an inch or so, and then keep working my way up in sections until all the tangles were gone.

My daughters now use those ceramic hair straighteners on their hair now. They are pricey but do a great job.

Even though my hair is straight, I still use a conditioning spray before brushing to loosen the tangles. I hate having to spend too much time trying to brush my hair while it's wet.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3182840;
    My daughters, granddaughter and myself have all been blessed with naturally curly red hair. Mine went away after having kids or getting a permanent, not sure which!

I found it a lot easier to comb out their hair while wet and to always start at the roots, maybe an inch or so, and then keep working my way up in sections until all the tangles were gone.

My daughters now use those ceramic hair straighteners on their hair now. They are pricey but do a great job.

My hair is wavy, but my stylists have always told me to start gently combing the tangles from the tip of the hair, working my way in toward the scalp, and that has always worked. Going in the opposite direction has always caused troubles with breakage and wads of hair being combed out. He said you also should hold the hair a bit above where you are combing out, moving your hand up as you go. Of course this was years ago, before I cut that crap off!! Pinning my long hair up at night also helped to keep tangles down to a minimum. Once the tresses start entwining themselves around each other, the trouble begins.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

D'uh I guess I type without connecting the hands with the brain!

I meant to comb from the tips not the roots! Start at the bottom and work your way up!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, and lets not forget that we should be using a wide-toothed comb.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

For the blue streak -- how about a clip-in extension? Many beauty supply stores carry them in all sorts of colors. It wouldn't be harsh on your daughter's hair like coloring. All you have to do is flat-iron the hair as usual, then follow the directions for clipping in the color streak and hiding the clip (much like natural-color clip-in extensions).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Forget all that nonsense. I have so much hair that I welcome the wads of hair that come out on the brush! I feel like hair with women is always a "grass is greener" situation. I have insanely thick hair and I hate it. I have friends with thinner hair who envy my mane (). I have wavy/slightly curly hair and have always wanted stick-straight. I use a straightener but it's a real pain in the rear because of the volume of hair.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread