+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 87 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Feifer
    My hair is strawberry blonde(on the light side), super straight, and fine. I have a lot of hair. Each individual strand is very skinny. I have one of those flippy dos with lots of layers and light bangs. I really like all the layers. I want to color it more red but when I have done this in the past it has had a flat red color so I think I will put henna on it instead of a bottle color. If I do not like it, it will fade off in a few months. I have almost convinced my hubby that this will be great. He loves it in the summer when my hair is super blonde from the sun so he is reluctant to support my red phases.

I am wondering if it is safe to henna my eyebrows as well. They are white, white, white naturally.

I`ve never like henna, myself. In my experience, it dried out, or ruined the hair.

Please dont ever try a permanent color on your eyebrows. The stylists who do that use a special semi-permanent for resistent you can only find in the supply house. They dry brush it on.

About the Henna though, if it works for you, never mind my concern. For my hair is baby fine, and thin. A lot of my color clients have fine hair as well. I just use: Redken, a gentler product that doesn`t destroy the cuticle of your hair.

You have the same color of hair that I do. In the summer, people call me a blond.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndemere
    This is a question for anybody really, I'm just curious if anyone has tried that L'oreal multi color hair dye? (Color Extreme or something I think it's called). It looks really neat with both color & highlights.... however will it be terrible for the hair with THAT much treatment at once....
    Is it that Feria stuff? I think that was Loreal, and it was supposed to give high and lowlights. Looked great on the box, was TERRIBLE in practice. Perhaps it's improved now, but if it's Feria, I would advise against it.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Ok this is a question I dont know if ya can answer, maybe it's better left for a hairproduct chemist or something lol...but what have I got to lose.

I am really severely allergic to several shampoos. MOST shampoos actually. I get really bad rashes that itch so bad I bleed sometimes.

The only shampoos right now that I know I can use are Herbal Essence & Garnier Fructis + those natural herbal shampoos that I get at the healthfood stores (Nature's Gate).

What is it in these shampoos that cause these allergies? I keep buying shampoos that look like something I could handle & just end up wasting money (altho I'm not budging from Fructis, now I've found mecca lol), & it would be cool to know exactly what ingredient I'm looking for.

I dont know if ya can answer, like I said, I may just end up having to sit down with the bottles & look at all the ingredients & figure out what's missing in Herbal Essence & Fructis hehe
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

That's really weird because Herbal Essence makes my head break out in hives! I guess we are allergic to exactly the opposite ingredients.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Jilly -- I remember what it's called now.

Graham Webb. It was awesome on my curly hair. So, for all the other frizz-heads out there, try it
    I'm a stylist as well and I always recommend the Graham Webb Making Waves curl enhancing gel and I always get good reports>
    FANTASIZE!!!!!! It's better than the real thing.

FORT Fogey
    Jillie biggest pet peeve of a stylist??

Hey Jill...

I have baby-fine, straight to wavy, light brown hair. Currently it's a few inches below the shoulders, and the shortest layer is about an inch below my chin. I have a round face...so anything really face-framing is a no-no.

My question is...what's a good cut to keep hair out of my face? I want it to stay long, and I DON'T want *full* bangs at all. Just something where it would stay out of my face without ponytails or putting it behind my ear constantly, or hair clips.

Also..my hair gets really (for lack of a better word) *static-y* especially in winter. How can I get rid of this? I'm not a huge fan of lots of gel or mousse or anything though.

Thanks!!
    Kylie

Hi Jillibean,
    You should have an advice column! I guess you do in a way. I have a question. My natural hair color is dirty blonde with a lot of gray. I pay to have a 2 color foil 4 times a year. This can get really costly. Do you think any of the new products where you brush on the blonde streaks work? It seems like it would bleed. Do you know if someone can easily do highlights at home? I know I would still have to get it done professionally for the darker streaks.
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by KylieGrant
    Hey Jill...

I have baby-fine, straight to wavy, light brown hair. Currently it's a few inches below the shoulders, and the shortest layer is about an inch below my chin. I have a round face...so anything really face-framing is a no-no.

My question is...what's a good cut to keep hair out of my face? I want it to stay long, and I DON'T want *full* bangs at all. Just something where it would stay out of my face without ponytails or putting it behind my ear constantly, or hair clips.

Also..my hair gets really (for lack of a better word) *static-y* especially in winter. How can I get rid of this? I'm not a huge fan of lots of gel or mousse or anything though.

Thanks!!
    Kylie

Hi Kylie!!

For long hair you want to stay back, I can only think that layering your hair around your face, would work.

And, since your not a fan of gel or mousse, you make my job harder.

But the two olf-fashioned methods that come to mind are:

1.) rinse with cold water. ~~~ What this does is to close the cuticle on your hair shaft, to keep it from lifting or "frizzing". This also helps to keep your hair color to last longer, for those of you who do that.

2.) Put a tiny bit of conditioner in your hands, then apply it to the ends, and the length of your hair. It also smooths down the hair shaft.

~~~ Since you don`t like product, much. There is a leave in treatment that goes on like water, and is only good for your hair. *instacure, by Matrix essentials. The protein actually goes to the cortex of your hair, to mend it. It`s wonderful!!

~~~ Just a side note. With all these products I`m recommending, you`d think I would get some kind of kickback from the added sales.

Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Jillibean, I just wanted to say that it is very nice of you to start this thread. You seem to answer the questions for us lay people to understand. Thanks for your time.
    Thanx for the welcome eldee.

And talking about hair?.................I could do it all day, if I didn`t have clients that wanted me to fix, cut, style & perm their hair. I LOVE IT!!! I like to teach my people how to care for their hair at home.

+ Reply to Thread