+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 87 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3147218;
    I have a couple of different issues. I have long hair and here are my issues. #1: My hair is always getting knotted strands. #2, no matter how much conditioner I use, my hair always seems dry. Especially on the ends. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?
    Similar issues, here are solutions that work very well for me:

Shampoo and rinse-out conditioner: Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo, Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Conditioner
    Leave-in conditioner: Neutrogena Triple Moisture Smooth Shine Anti-Frizz Cream with UV Shield
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3147218;
    I have a couple of different issues. I have long hair and here are my issues. #1: My hair is always getting knotted strands. #2, no matter how much conditioner I use, my hair always seems dry. Especially on the ends. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?
    nilesgirl, my hairdresser always told me that when you condition your hair to apply it to the ends only since that is where we need it the most and that the hair shaft does absorb the rest. I'd try any of the leave-in conditioners on the ends only.
    CYA

Ty
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I have to cut off at least an inch everytime I get a haircut because my hair does the same thing on the ends. If I color it, forget it, it's dry and when wet it becomes spongy and strange. I don't wash it everyday, I wash 2x a week and condition every other day.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

You can also heat up some olive oil and put it on the ends, wrap the hair in saran wrap and a towel and leave on hair for about 30 min.
    Shampoo and use a good conditioner, but the olive oil is the same as buying those hot oil conditioners.

I have also put mayonnaise on my hair. Same as above with saran wrap ad towel.

Great inexpensive conditioners.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have to trim my ends regularly also. Once they are that dry - nothing works. I use some of the glossing sprays to cover up the dryness until I can get it trimmed. I swear by Fekkai Glossing Cream with olive oil -- it really helps to prevent the dryness.

I just got a visual of that mrd! I'm sure mr buglover would walk around sniffing like what smells like a sandwich??!!
    I've heard those methods work really well along with vinegar or beer to strip the hair of product before conditioning.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3147686;
    You can also heat up some olive oil and put it on the ends, wrap the hair in saran wrap and a towel and leave on hair for about 30 min.
    Shampoo and use a good conditioner, but the olive oil is the same as buying those hot oil conditioners.

I have also put mayonnaise on my hair. Same as above with saran wrap ad towel.

Great inexpensive conditioners.
    I truly believe this is why I cannot stand olive oil to this day! When I was a kid, I had a really bad skin condition on my scalp that took years to diagnose correctly (ended up being allergic to the shampoo my mom used on me) and one of the remedies suggested to my mom was soaking my head in olive oil. The smell killed me... I just hated it! And it didn't work!! No joke, every time someone uses olive oil on a cooking show - my stomach turns just a bit
    The Fekkai line does not smell like olive oil - that's why I was okay with trying it Thank goodness - because it rocks!

What store do you purchase the Fekkai line at Margaritaville? That sounds like a product I would definitely go for.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bath and Body Works - it runs $20 for a full-size tube, but it lasts a looong time!

+ Reply to Thread