+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 87 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Hair problem or questions

One thing I have found is that creams are not good for fine hair. Too much weight are our enemies! I use a spray mist type of product.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;3124773;
    Guess what I found in the hair section the other day? Are you all too young to remember PSSSSSSST? It was a spray that you used to clean your hair without water when you were in a pinch. I bought it and it works so much better. I remember it used to be white like baby powder or cornstarch and when you brushed it out it got all over the place. It's clear now, I love it when I don't have time to shower before picking up kids.
    I remember taking PSSSSST to my mom when she was in the hospital for knee surgery when I was in high school. I remember the baby powder aspect of it being a problem. Where did you find it?
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fan

My daugher has dark brown hair and bought some blue dye at Hot Topic for streaks. The bottle said it would last 6 to 8 weks, but it's waching out like crazy! I did it one night, then reapplied again two nights later. Now I have to do it again. The reason she bought this particular brand was because it wasn't suppose to wash out at the next shampoo! Any suggestions on how to make the dye hold? Thanks

MRD

It won't. We've had LOTS of experience with all those kinds of dyes and colors. That kind of dye just doesn't last.
    Try a salon store like Sally's beauty supply and be prepared, that stuff doesn't last that long either.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have a friend who is letting her hair grow long with the idea of eventually having it cut and wanting to donate it. Her hair is brown and gray, with no additional color, but she has put a spiral perm in it. Is the spiral perm going to stop the donation?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3145415;
    It won't. We've had LOTS of experience with all those kinds of dyes and colors. That kind of dye just doesn't last.
    Try a salon store like Sally's beauty supply and be prepared, that stuff doesn't last that long either.
    We tried one at Sallys and the color didn't even take! It just bleached it out to blonde! I hate to spend a fortune at a salon, but I guess I just might have to.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3145496;
    I have a friend who is letting her hair grow long with the idea of eventually having it cut and wanting to donate it. Her hair is brown and gray, with no additional color, but she has put a spiral perm in it. Is the spiral perm going to stop the donation?
    Unfortunatly it might. I have heard that donated hair must be *virgin* hair- no dyes, no perms, nothing. I could be wrong, but that is what sticks in my head about it. Hopefully they will take it after all of the work growing it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3145779;
    . . . I hate to spend a fortune at a salon, but I guess I just might have to.
    How about a fashion-forward hair design school? I'll bet that an advanced student would jump at the chance to do something fun and funky rather than the same old ladies' cut-and-perms. You wouldn't pay the same price as a salon, yet you'd get a closely supervised student.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesgal;3145779;
    We tried one at Sallys and the color didn't even take! It just bleached it out to blonde! I hate to spend a fortune at a salon, but I guess I just might have to.
    Quite honestly the salon dyes in colors like that are not much better. That kind of dye has to be "freshened" often. My daughter has been through several colors over the past few years using do it at home kits from both Hot Topic, Sally's and at a salon and none of them last very long. At best, it's a temp. thing.

And Ellen's solution is a good one. I know where my daughter is currently attending, the price for something like runs about $15-20. But it's still not going to last too long. Sorry. It's just the nature of the type of dye.
    =============

dyed or permed hair is acceptable, bleached is not.

From the locks of love website
    Locks of Love

GUIDELINES FOR ACCEPTABLE DONATIONS
    Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable.
    Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
    Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your stylist. We are not able to accept bleached hair due to a chemical reaction that occurs during the manufacturing process.
    Hair that is swept off of the floor is not usable because it is not bundled in a ponytail or braid.
    Hair that is shaved off and not in a ponytail or braid is not usable. If shaving your head, first divide hair into multiple ponytails to cut off.
    We cannot accept dreadlocks. Our manufacturer is not able to use them in our children’s hairpieces. We also cannot accept wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
    Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
    Layered hair may be divided into multiple ponytails.
    Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
    10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
    Printable Guidelines (PDF)
    Please Note:

Shorter hair will be separated from the ponytails and sold to offset the manufacturing costs. Although the shorter hair cannot be used in the hairpieces, it still greatly helps to reduce costs.
    Gray hair will be accepted and sold to offset the manufacturing costs.
    Colored hair is not usable if it is colored over bleached hair.
    Last edited by MRD; 07-27-2008 at 07:55 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3145836;
    How about a fashion-forward hair design school? I'll bet that an advanced student would jump at the chance to do something fun and funky rather than the same old ladies' cut-and-perms. You wouldn't pay the same price as a salon, yet you'd get a closely supervised student.
    That is a good idea- I will look into that. I don't expect it to last months, but a few weeks would be nice.

+ Reply to Thread