+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbydoll;3121038;
    It is SO humid here right now, what is the BEST product to keep your hair tamed down and not so humidity wild? Plus adds alot of shine to your hair.
    My daughter has VERY curly hair and I was looking for something to tame the frizz in the humidity. I bought some of this stuff from Target the other day:
    Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion | Organic Root Stimulator | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

It was mixed in with the African American hair stuff. My hair is very straight but it also acts up in the humidity, so I tried it out too. My only warning: you only need the tiniest amount to do the job, even a little too much would make my hair feel heavy and oily (although I imagine this could vary greatly depending on the length and texture of your hair - mine is pretty short and not too thick). I just rubbed an itsy-bitsy bit into my palms and then worked it all through my hair. It did a nice job keeping it straight after I flat-ironed it and kept it shiny too!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Yesterday, I read that hot oil treatments shouldn't be used on hair that has been color because it will strip it off. Anybody know if that's true or not?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, it is prhoshay. I had a friend who dyed her own hair and it came out bozo red. She called our hair dresser friend and she told her to use deep conditioner or hot oil treatment. She used the hot oil treatment and her hair changed to a red actually found in nature.

Guess what I found in the hair section the other day? Are you all too young to remember PSSSSSSST? It was a spray that you used to clean your hair without water when you were in a pinch. I bought it and it works so much better. I remember it used to be white like baby powder or cornstarch and when you brushed it out it got all over the place. It's clear now, I love it when I don't have time to shower before picking up kids.

LOL I remember that stuff, luvsginger.

I went to a Catholic high school where we first had to wear a navy blue woolen skirt and lovely matching blazer which was then replaced with a teal blue woolen jumper. We could always tell who used that stuff because the "baby powder" was all over the uniforms. Why they didn't do it before getting dressed was just one of those mysteries.

That's too funny! I remember having to wrap a towel around my clothes so I didn't get all white. I wonder why they didn't make it clear back in the day! I'm glad I found it, though!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;3124087;
    My daughter has VERY curly hair and I was looking for something to tame the frizz in the humidity. I bought some of this stuff from Target the other day:
    Olive Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion | Organic Root Stimulator | Beauty & Spa | Walgreens

It was mixed in with the African American hair stuff. My hair is very straight but it also acts up in the humidity, so I tried it out too. My only warning: you only need the tiniest amount to do the job, even a little too much would make my hair feel heavy and oily (although I imagine this could vary greatly depending on the length and texture of your hair - mine is pretty short and not too thick). I just rubbed an itsy-bitsy bit into my palms and then worked it all through my hair. It did a nice job keeping it straight after I flat-ironed it and kept it shiny too!!
    Yays! Thank you..
    I will go take a look through our shops here and drugstores to see if I can find that product you mentioned to me. My hair is about to my mid- back and as soon as the heat/humidity starts up *poof* goes my hair
    And I'll take your advice and use just a small amount and work it through.. I have yet to find any product to last me throughout my day..

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbydoll;3125780;
    Yays! Thank you..
    I will go take a look through our shops here and drugstores to see if I can find that product you mentioned to me. My hair is about to my mid- back and as soon as the heat/humidity starts up *poof* goes my hair
    And I'll take your advice and use just a small amount and work it through.. I have yet to find any product to last me throughout my day..
    Good luck! I hope it works as well for you as it has for me!
    ETA - One other thing I have noticed since my last post it that shaking it up really good before using it is a good idea.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I"ve always found it amazing that 1 simple direction that we may be overlooking can make all of the difference in the world!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbydoll;3121038;
    It is SO humid here right now, what is the BEST product to keep your hair tamed down and not so humidity wild? Plus adds alot of shine to your hair.
    Two of my favorite products:

1. Frederic Fekkai glossing cream. You can find it at Ulta or Bath and Body Works. Those are the two places I've seen it. It is great for softening hair.

2. Umberto of Beverly Hills shine mist spray. Can be found at Target. This is wonderful! After flat ironing my hair, I spray this on all over and work my fingers through my hair. It leaves it incredibly soft.

My hair looks like a puffed up cotton ball on humid days, too. These are the two best products I use. If anyone else has any others, please share!
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." ~Theodore Roosevelt~

+ Reply to Thread