+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3117202;
    I just used a root touch up (of course I don't remember the brand!) that came in a bottle with a sponge tip. You just dab the sponge onto the root line and let it sit for about 15 -30 minutes and it doesn't drip or get all over the place.
    Was it the Clairol Nice n Easy Root Touch Up? But this has a small brush, not a sponge and you only leave it on for 10-15 minutes. It's supposed to be good for 3 weeks, but in my experience with it in the past, it only lasted for about two weeks or less.

I use the Clairol Root Touch-Up. If I follow the timing on the box, it only lasts two weeks. If I leave it on for an additional 5 minutes, it lasts three weeks (because then the new growth shows up).

I'll have to look for L'Oreal's root touch-up product, though. Not only because I'm worth it, but I use their Natural Match product for my "whole head" color, and, I dunno, I guess I'd like to stay with the same brand?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I adore John Freida glazes!! The shine is really nice! I've tried the clear and the brown. It smells good, too. You know, people kill me asking me what color my hair would be if I didn't color it; how the heck do they think I know when I color every 4 weeks??? How do you answer questions when there is no answer?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3118943;
    I adore John Freida glazes!! The shine is really nice! I've tried the clear and the brown. It smells good, too. You know, people kill me asking me what color my hair would be if I didn't color it; how the heck do they think I know when I color every 4 weeks??? How do you answer questions when there is no answer?

I want to say: how the heck do I know, I haven't seen the real color in about 15 years!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

It is SO humid here right now, what is the BEST product to keep your hair tamed down and not so humidity wild? Plus adds alot of shine to your hair.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

Going to the color question, I must be the cheapest person around because when I did my touch ups, I would use the same amount of color and toner, mix it up in a separate container, apply it to my roots and use the regular application directions. That way I'd get 4 or 5 root applications from the one kit I'd buy.

That's just plain smart famita. Those colors are expensive and if you are only coloring the roots, it is such a waste.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by famita;3121468;
    Going to the color question, I must be the cheapest person around because when I did my touch ups, I would use the same amount of color and toner, mix it up in a separate container, apply it to my roots and use the regular application directions. That way I'd get 4 or 5 root applications from the one kit I'd buy.
    That does sound smart! The root touch up kit costs about $10 or so at Target. Does the stuff dry out when you save it to use later?

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

No, you measure equal parts and mix it in a different thing-I use dixie cups- and I make sure the color and toner lids are on tight before I put them back away until I use them next. I think I used some for the non-white portion of my hair a year ago, no, it was for my son's wedding, and before that it had been over a year and I used the same kit. It turned out very nicely!

I'm doing dark brown on my roots and recently cut 4 inches of the black hair off. Slowly but surely I'm starting to grow out this black mess and turn it back to brown. The funny thing is that I have about 30 white hairs now and I never really noticed them because I had changed my color constantly. Now when the roots grow in, I clearly see the white. Oh well, it can always be covered up!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread