+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 87 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3117064;
    bumping this up for Lois Lane
    Thank you!!

OK, so now I'm getting the grey/white hair strands. I'm not ready to go grey just yet. But I have dark hair, and in order to keep it looking somewhat natural, I have to get the roots dyed every month or so. I hate going to the hair salon that often for that so I usually only go once every three months. I love getting my hair cut and styled, but dye jobs are just tedious and so NOT fun. I've tried doing the roots touch up at home with those little kits, and they last for a little bit, but not very long. How do the rest of you deal with this? Sometimes if I part my hair just so, you can't see the roots...but then a gust of wind will come and out me!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3117069;
    Thank you!!

OK, so now I'm getting the grey/white hair strands. I'm not ready to go grey just yet. But I have dark hair, and in order to keep it looking somewhat natural, I have to get the roots dyed every month or so. I hate going to the beauty salon that often for that. I love getting my hair cut and styled, but dye jobs are just tedious and so NOT fun. I've tried doing the roots touch up at home with those little kits, and they last for a little bit, but not very long. How do the rest of you deal with this? Sometimes if I part my hair just so, you can't see the roots...but then a gust of wind will come and out me!
    I do my own at home. I buy the Preference by L'Oreal cream with the comb tip applicator (so much easier to use!!!!) And Walgreens usually has coupons for L'Oreal very often.
    And now I use the John Frieda glaze (they make one for Brunettes) and I use it everytime I shampoo and it seems to make my hair go that much longer between root touch ups.
    I get the John Freida glaze at Walgreens too.

I think Rattus posted a link to John Frieda on this thread a few months ago. I am thrilled with it and so glad she gave me the heads up about it. (no pun intended. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lois, I posted earlier in this thread about using John Frieda's glaze (available in drug stores) in the dark brown shade. It basically coats the grey in a light brown, making it look more like highlighting than grey streaks. A couple of people here have now tried it and liked it, so it might be worth a shot. Like you, I really don't enjoy root maintenance and would rather just rub something through a couple of times a week when I'm washing my hair anyway.

ETA: I see mrd beat me to it .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3117069;
    Thank you!!

OK, so now I'm getting the grey/white hair strands. I'm not ready to go grey just yet. But I have dark hair, and in order to keep it looking somewhat natural, I have to get the roots dyed every month or so. I hate going to the hair salon that often for that so I usually only go once every three months. I love getting my hair cut and styled, but dye jobs are just tedious and so NOT fun. I've tried doing the roots touch up at home with those little kits, and they last for a little bit, but not very long. How do the rest of you deal with this? Sometimes if I part my hair just so, you can't see the roots...but then a gust of wind will come and out me!
    Fanciful Touch Up Color Stick

It's like a crayon and you have to moisten it and then rub it on the strands of hair. I also use the Fanciful Rinse but only on days when I REALLY don't want my gray to show - I use both of them actually. Careful - it gets all over your hands and nails (use gloves to help) but it does wash out. So if you wash your hair every day, like I do, you have to reapply.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3117101;
    Like you, I really don't enjoy root maintenance and would rather just rub something through a couple of times a week when I'm washing my hair anyway.
    Yup, that's me! I'm going to give this a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3117092;
    I do my own at home. I buy the Preference by L'Oreal cream with the comb tip
    Because you're worth it? Sorry, couldn't resist!! MRD, when you do this at home, does the color get all over your shower or sink? That's my nightmare--that I'll do this myself and I'll ruin our bathroom! I'm kind of a klutz.

I think I'm going to go the home route as well. I'm not doing highlights or anything fancy. Just a dark brown to keep the roots in check and I'm sick of paying $55 (plus tip!) each time!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PGM35;3117111;
    Fanciful Touch Up Color Stick

It's like a crayon and you have to moisten it and then rub it on the strands of hair. I also use the Fanciful Rinse but only on days when I REALLY don't want my gray to show - I use both of them actually. Careful - it gets all over your hands and nails (use gloves to help) but it does wash out. So if you wash your hair every day, like I do, you have to reapply.
    Gees! Where have I been that I haven't even heard of any of this stuff? You guys are the best!
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 07-08-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3117121;

Because you're worth it? Sorry, couldn't resist!! MRD, when you do this at home, does the color get all over your shower or sink? That's my nightmare--that I'll do this myself and I'll ruin our bathroom! I'm kind of a clutz.

I think I'm going to go the home route as well. I'm not doing highlights or anything fancy. Just a dark brown to keep the roots in check and I'm sick of paying $55 (plus tip!) each time!!!!

Gees! Where have I been that I haven't even heard of any of this stuff? You guys are the best!
    I get these at Walgreen's (the Fanciful products).

I didnt' know the glaze would do the same thing. I'd probably give that a try after my next salon visit (which is Thursday!).

Does it seem to last? Does it wash out and you have to keep using it?

MRD

Lois, yes I AM worth it!

I'm a klutz too, but the stuff wipes off well. Just don't use your good towels or wear a good shirt. I have a "hair dying shirt" that I wear because it's now covered in hair dye and so is one of my ratty towels.

But I've gotten in on the sink, floor, toilet, the toilet paper holder, etc. and it just wipes off with a damp paper towel. I think that it doesn't really damage porcelain or tile, but it most definetly can harm fabric.

The John Frieda glaze washes out with each shampoo. My hair is so long that I only shampoo about 2-3 times a week and I apply the glaze each time. It's as easy to apply as conditioner and I like how it makes my hair look shiney and healthy.

Walgreens actually had it on a twofer sale recently.

I have long, straight, course hair that gets frizzy a lot. I have tried sooo many shampoos & conditioners that it is crazy!

There are only 2 shampoos that have ever really helped, the one is Frizz-Ease Weather Works & the other is Pantene Pro-V Blonde Expressions.

I want to try the new Dove shampoo that I saw on a commercial, that said that dull hair could be damaged hair & lead to frizz... but I can't remember that name of it. I know it is made by Dove though. Can someone help me out? Thanks!
    ~Supernatural Addict~

I just used a root touch up (of course I don't remember the brand!) that came in a bottle with a sponge tip. You just dab the sponge onto the root line and let it sit for about 15 -30 minutes and it doesn't drip or get all over the place.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie;3117195;
    I have long, straight, course hair that gets frizzy a lot. I have tried sooo many shampoos & conditioners that it is crazy!

There are only 2 shampoos that have ever really helped, the one is Frizz-Ease Weather Works & the other is Pantene Pro-V Blonde Expressions.

I want to try the new Dove shampoo that I saw on a commercial, that said that dull hair could be damaged hair & lead to frizz... but I can't remember that name of it. I know it is made by Dove though. Can someone help me out? Thanks!
    Try this:

DOVE

+ Reply to Thread