+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 87 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Anyone with mixed kids (black and white) have any suggestions for what I should put in my son's hair...He has cute curly hair (that must be wet in order for me to do anything with it), but halfway through the day it starts to get dry and frizz up...I've tried hair gel, olive oil based products, and black hair care conditioners, but nothing seems to keep his hair moisturized throughout the day...I'm getting to the point I just want to shave him bald cuz its a hassle to deal with everyday...But his curls are so cute...

MRD

Back in the 80's, I got so many perms that my hair was super curly, but frizzy and dry. My hair stylist reccomended AfroSheen. I'm white by the way if that makes a difference. But I heard from several different people that using Afrosheen was great on white hair that had been over permed. Anyway, I used afrosheen for YEARS because it moisterized my hair and kept my perm curls looking smooth and not frizzy.
    But you said you had tried some of those products.
    I would ask your hair stylist what she would reccomend. My daughter is in cosmotology school and I could ask her to ask around tomorrow when she goes to class.
    Don't shave those beautiful curls yet. There has to be an answer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_lady;3060078;
    Anyone with mixed kids (black and white) have any suggestions for what I should put in my son's hair...He has cute curly hair (that must be wet in order for me to do anything with it), but halfway through the day it starts to get dry and frizz up...I've tried hair gel, olive oil based products, and black hair care conditioners, but nothing seems to keep his hair moisturized throughout the day...I'm getting to the point I just want to shave him bald cuz its a hassle to deal with everyday...But his curls are so cute...
    My daughter is mulatto and what used to work (when she let me do her hair) was hair dress. It's like vaseline. We buy the Blue Magic brand. You work it into the hair when it's wet and then comb it through. Another thing you can do is bathe him at night, put the grease in, then wrap his hair in a do-rag. The satin really helps cut down on the frizz. Satin pillowcases even help a bunch. It's also helpful if you use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Pantene is awful, usually, but on mulatto hair it helps weigh down the curls and the frizz. The regular frizz stuff does absolutely nothing for my daughter. Frizz-ease was a big waste of money (so were the tourmaline infused brushes and hair dryers). You don't want to use so much grease that his hair is greasy, but you'll eventually get the right amount and his hair will be soft and frizz-free with the vaseline stuff.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

years ago my roomies used a cocoa butter that they'd rub into the scalp. That made their hair soft.

Quote Originally Posted by burntbrat;3060820;
    My daughter is mulatto and what used to work (when she let me do her hair) was hair dress. It's like vaseline. We buy the Blue Magic brand. You work it into the hair when it's wet and then comb it through. Another thing you can do is bathe him at night, put the grease in, then wrap his hair in a do-rag. The satin really helps cut down on the frizz. Satin pillowcases even help a bunch. It's also helpful if you use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner. Pantene is awful, usually, but on mulatto hair it helps weigh down the curls and the frizz. The regular frizz stuff does absolutely nothing for my daughter. Frizz-ease was a big waste of money (so were the tourmaline infused brushes and hair dryers). You don't want to use so much grease that his hair is greasy, but you'll eventually get the right amount and his hair will be soft and frizz-free with the vaseline stuff.
    I'll give this a try...I don't think I can get him to keep a do-rag on though...

I shaved my son's hair last weekend because he's at the lake right now and his long curly hair would have been a huge mess!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Well so far so good...I have to lay the stuff on pretty thick especially in the back of his head where its extra dry compared to the rest of his hair...When I first put it on his curls are tight, but as the day goes on the curls start to loosen up but there is no frizz...The frizz was the worst part, it would just look to wild and crazy...

Is that him in your avatar? He's adorable!
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

^^^Thanks...Yes that is my wild haired little man...

MRD

bumping this up for Lois Lane
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread