+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 87 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean
    If you get any non-professional product, I would reccomend Garnier Nutrisse. It`s the safest permanent hair color. I`ve tried it, and it works great!! Leaves the hair in better condition after, than before with the oil conditioners in it. Good luck and tell me how it goes. I would steer away from dark, in my opinion..................
    Thanks so much for the advice, I really appreciate it I'll try Garnier like you suggested, I just recently started to use Garnier Fructis & I'm in love with it, absolutely love it so if their haircolor is as good as the shampoo I'm all for it

Thanks for starting this thread, great idea!!! All the FORTERS are gonna look be-a-u-tiful lol (not that they dont already )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar
    Jilly -- I remember what it's called now.

Graham Webb. It was awesome on my curly hair. So, for all the other frizz-heads out there, try it
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Hey, Wyndemere: if you're nervous about dying your hair, try one of the semi-permanent dyes. They're supposed to wash out in like 30 days (although mine never quite did, but it did wash out eventually). That way you don't have roots, and if you don't like it, you don't have to live with it for very long. I haven't dyed mine in a long time, but I used to go red with those semi-perm dyes quite frequently.
    My (natural) hair color is a medium brown. And it's rather thin -- y'all wouldn't believe the effort I go to to get volume. I'd love to wear it long and curly, but it only gets really curly when it's short (so I can't go too short). So right now I've got one of those chin-length flippy things, and I dry it out straight, and it looks pretty good. Needs frequent trims though, in part because I dry it to death.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Jewelsy
    Jilly -- I remember what it's called now.

Graham Webb. It was awesome on my curly hair. So, for all the other frizz-heads out there, try it

You see Jewelsy, I knew i would get some help myself is I started this thread. Two birds with one stone....

I have a lot of clients with curly hair and their always asking, "What product to use"??

Jillibean, I just wanted to say that it is very nice of you to start this thread. You seem to answer the questions for us lay people to understand. Thanks for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by sheela
    Homer hair . Medusa resurrected .

So, how often are we supposed to wash our hair? I shampoo every day. Am I going to be bald soon?

I don`t think so, but you know with hair loss, it almost depends on how much stress you have.

It makes sense, and something i`ve figured out on my own. When you`re head is stressed, it`s tighter, and your hair will have trouble getting through a tight scalp.

I investigated this theory, by scalp massages, to people with thinning, or bald spots. (Mainly men) The spots that are thin, or bald, you can hardly manipulate. The other areas that are thicker, it isn`t tight.

My recomendation for the men (Or women), is scalp treatments....I send them home with this suggestion to their significant other. Haven`t got any phone calls yet.....

Sorry Sheela, to get off topic, but it depends on how often you ned to wash your hair. Some people every day. Others every other day. Old women, every week. Younger people wash their hair more often. No harm.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Jewelsy, my hubby says EVERY morning when I wake up, that I look like Sideshow BOB!!

I do love my hair...It just can be a pain in the butt at times..
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

this is sort of in relation to Jillibean's head-stress post. My mother has very thin hair. I don't think it's necessarily ever been much thicker -- she was a blonde, and says her hair was always fine. Now it's all silver. Anyway, for years she's kept it in a perm, then curls it in the mornings -- she wears it pretty short. Now we've convinced her to give up the perms, so now the thin hair is more noticeable. No outright bald spots, but there are places where you can see scalp. Apart from massaging her scalp, how can she make her hair look thicker? She's experimenting with mousse but doesn't like to use a lot of products and is leery of hairspray. She curls it still, to make it fluffier, but she doesn't want it huge. Any advice?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

My hair is strawberry blonde(on the light side), super straight, and fine. I have a lot of hair. Each individual strand is very skinny. I have one of those flippy dos with lots of layers and light bangs. I really like all the layers. I want to color it more red but when I have done this in the past it has had a flat red color so I think I will put henna on it instead of a bottle color. If I do not like it, it will fade off in a few months. I have almost convinced my hubby that this will be great. He loves it in the summer when my hair is super blonde from the sun so he is reluctant to support my red phases.

I am wondering if it is safe to henna my eyebrows as well. They are white, white, white naturally.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

This is a question for anybody really, I'm just curious if anyone has tried that L'oreal multi color hair dye? (Color Extreme or something I think it's called). It looks really neat with both color & highlights.... however will it be terrible for the hair with THAT much treatment at once....
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

+ Reply to Thread