+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 87 FirstFirst ... 394041424344454647484950515253545556575859 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

I have begun to condition my hair overnight and it is doing wonders for my frizzy hair. I found the reason why it's so dry..... the hair that is growing in on top is all white hair so it's overly dry. Arghhh age!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3028667;
    I use the Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner and the Blonde glaze

My daughter uses the Brunette products.

Walgreens here has them all on sale this week. 3 for $15 which is a terrific price.

Here's the site you can look at the products.

John FriedaŽ shampoo, conditioner, color enhancing and styling products

My hair has never looked more healty and shiner than when I started using this stuff a couple months ago. Rattus gave me the heads up and I'm glad she did. It has transformed my hair.

Thanks MRD. I'm going to have to get a few bottles this weekend.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

My hair has gotten ridiculously long because I'm afraid to cut it. It's hanging 3inches above my butt. I've had several bad haircuts and so I have a huge phobia of getting it cut.

My hair is very difficult to manage. After I was it, it gets insanely wavy and freezy, and not in a nice way. I always straigten it with my chi flat iron afterwards. It does leave my hair looking nice, but I'm afraid my hair can't take much more damage. I have a lot of split ends and breakage.

It's too long and too damaged, and so I figured I have two options:

(1) Find a product that can repair or the damage.
    (2) Cut it.

So my questions are:

(1) Are there any good products that can repair split ends and breakage that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
    (2) If I cut it, what kind of cut do you suggest for someone who has a fairly round face and wants a style that's low maitenence and not short?

-Thanks

I suggest getting your hair cut to at least your mid back, all one length. Then you can keep straightening it, you get rid of your split ends, and the cut isn't difficult so any hairdresser won't mess it up.

I don't know of any products that can repair split ends. I always thought you trimmed the ends to repair them.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

A little longer than shoulder length might work for you...It's not short and still gives you a longish feel and it's easy to work with for cute ponytail styles, up-dos etc. FYI, if you do decide to cut you hair, you might consider donating it to Locks for Love or other charities that use the hair (or the proceeds from selling the hair) to make wigs for children/people who have cancer. My hair grows really fast and I grow it down to my back and then donate it--and then I get it cut to chin length or shoulder length and start all over again. I love having different styles/lengths. It's fun and is a neat way to update your look periodically.

I do not know of any products that will repair split ends. Regular trims are the best way--even if you just take an inch or two off. It will really give your hair more "life."

Ruby, you say your hair is wavy/frizzy? If it's that way and it's almost to your butt, it's going to be curlier when you cut it. But I do think you should get it cut; don't go for all one length, go for long layers. If you learn how to work with the curl, it would be less frizzy and you could stop straightening it, and it would be healthier. This site: Naturallycurly.com: Where curls come to life! has a lot of advice for working with curly/wavy hair, and you can sometimes find a recommendation for a stylist in your area who is good with curly hair.

If you want to keep straightening it, all that doesn't really matter.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

My new growth on the crown of my head is definitely white hairs so now I have to figure out how to keep those conditioned. Everytime I dry my hair those new hairs stand up and refuse to keep moisture at all!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Lucy, thanks for that website; I'm going to check it out. But I won't actually be able to use any of those ideas for a few months--i've been liking my short curls, but I went for a trim yesterday, and ....
    She cut my hair SO short that none of the hair on the back of my head is over an inch long. Seriously--I am so embarrassed about my 'male' hairdo. I definately won't be letting that woman touch it again. The one that did it before is gone, who knows where.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3031938;
    My hair has gotten ridiculously long because I'm afraid to cut it. It's hanging 3inches above my butt. I've had several bad haircuts and so I have a huge phobia of getting it cut.

My hair is very difficult to manage. After I was it, it gets insanely wavy and freezy, and not in a nice way. I always straigten it with my chi flat iron afterwards. It does leave my hair looking nice, but I'm afraid my hair can't take much more damage. I have a lot of split ends and breakage.

It's too long and too damaged, and so I figured I have two options:

(1) Find a product that can repair or the damage.
    (2) Cut it.

So my questions are:

(1) Are there any good products that can repair split ends and breakage that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
    (2) If I cut it, what kind of cut do you suggest for someone who has a fairly round face and wants a style that's low maitenence and not short?

-Thanks
    When my hair was almost this long (to my waist) I would trim the ends myself. With it being that long, you can do it easily, you just need a very good pair of scissors. My hair was also wavy and I got the bright idea...I am going to cut it (about 8 inches) with long layers and see what this wave will do. Ugh, bad idea for my hair. It did indeed, as someone above suggested, get curlier. So, instead of just 8 inches, it look like I had cut off about 12 inches. It was fine for about the first 2 weeks. I had fun messing with it. But... the curlier the hair, the harder it is too keep it moisturized. Your hair's natural oils can not slide down the hair shaft as easily when hair is wavy or curly. So, the curlier you get, the harder it is to keep the lower half of the hair moisturized. So now I have hair that is wavier, frizzier and harder to control and my hair grows soooo slow. On the upside, I have been using John Frieda's Frizz Ease WEATHER WORKS for the last 5 days. I am loving this stuff!! It keeps my waves from looking like I stuck my finger in a light socket. You can get a free sample of it from Walmart.com and try it that way. That is what I did. It is only enough for one shampoo and condition, but it was enough for me to go buy it and see if it was a fluk or if the stuff really worked. For me it really worked and my hair keeps looking better each time I use it. Even with me blow drying it each day...actually the blow drying makes it look even better. If you try it, I hope it works as well for you as it has for me. Here it is about $5 for a 10 oz. bottle, but a little of it goes a long way in your hair.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Has anyone used Nioxin? It's supposed to help with thinning hair. My hair has gotten thin to the point of my noticing it so I decided to give this a try. It's only been about three weeks and while it won't regrow hair, it does seem to make mine look fuller.

I was just wondering if anyone has tried it over a length of time for noticeable results.

+ Reply to Thread