+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 87 FirstFirst ... 373839404142434445464748495051525354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2948355;
    For those who've tried the John Frieda Glaze I have a question...
    I have mid-brown hair and I use the glaze for dark brown. What it does for me is sort of glaze the grey hairs, making them look light brown rather than grey, giving me a natural, subtle streaky look, sort of what the sun would do. I am actually much happier with this effect than I have been with dye, just because it does look more natural to me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I hate the John Freida stuff for blondes. It dries out my hair big time.

I have Sunsilk Color Boost stuff for blondes that I really like.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I also found that when coloring my grey in the old days, I would use a med brown and my grey would come out a light brown/dark blonde. I always thought it looked good.

MRD

The John Frieda stuff for blondes has been a godsend to me (Thanks Rattus) because my hair is healthier than it has been in years. It's shiner, in better condition and because its so fine, it has a lot more volume. The glaze has produced a really natural looking color with a lot of more natural looking hightlights. Like Rattus said, it looks more like the highlights the sun would give me.

I will be using these products for a long time as I am actually LOVING my hair right now. This is the best it's looked in years.

I know that the same products aren't for everyone, but I have to say that instead of drying out my hair, its actually made it look as shiney as those girls in the Pantene commercials (which Pantene did NOTHING for my hair)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

My stylist says Pantene is BAD to dry out your hair.

When I used the John Freida shampoo and conditioner (I have brown hair) it always made my hair soft, yes, but I also became convinced it was lightening it as well, or sucking the dye out of it. So I don't really use it anymore, but I do plan to pick up more of the glaze sometime.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I think that different conditioners work differently on different people's hair. I have no idea why, just that what works for one person, doesn't always work for the other. Considering that hair is actually just dead cells, it's amazing how huge the shampoo/conditioner/treatment world really is.

However, there are only a few manufacturing plants that make all these items. I think someone discovered that shampoo is basically all the same ingredients; just different scents, colors, lather capabilities and bottles. But conditioners are different and you really have to see what works for you.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I have never had any success with Pantene products... but I have got to say that Garnier Fructis (sleek and shine) is great for my fine/processed hair. It is the first product in a very long time to actually slow down the split end process for me. I tend to put my hair through quite the regimen each day (blow-dry on high heat, then flat iron parts -- although I do cut back the washing frequency to every other day) and I have truly noticed a difference. I am able to space out my trims a bit further and I really love the way my hair feels now.

I did see a coupon in the Sunday paper last weekend for Salon Selectives... how many years since I've seen that on the shelves? Haven't seen it in the stores yet, but I'm waiting...

MRD

My daughter has started using the John Frieda products that Rattus told us about because she's seen such a difference in my hair. Her's is now very shiny and healthy looking too.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I recently began putting conditioner in my hair and sleeping with it overnight. My hair is so dry and fine and over processed I have to do something because it frizzes out so bad!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I seem to be in the minority, but I use Pantene Pro V and I really love it. It keeps my hair soft and prevents it from tangling. It works really well for me. I also use this SIlver Lights stuff mixed with the PPV shampoo because I get my hair coloured and it keeps the blonde/ash colours from becoming brassy. It is purple stuff, and I do not know how or why but it works!

+ Reply to Thread