+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 87 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647484950515253545556 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Another question....is it just me or do Men just not understand what it's like for a woman to change her hair?
    I don't know whether they understand or not, but try getting a solid answer out of them. I've been married to Mr. Rattus for nearly 21 years, lived with him for two years before that, was friends with him for two years before that. Every time I get into a quandary about what to do with my hair (you know, when it gets to that length where something has to be done - grow or cut) I ask his opinion. His opinion has always been "it's your hair, do whatever you feel comfortable with". Last year, desperately unable to decide, I pushed and pushed until I got something of an answer - "well, you know I like long hair on women". No! I did not know that. I've known him since 1983 and not until 2007 did I learn that he likes long hair on women. I now have shoulder length hair. I don't know why it was so difficult to give me an opinion (just an opinion, not a directive) in the first place.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Well, my bf keeps telling me he doesn't like bangs. But I wanted something different. So I got bangs today. I don't care whether he likes it, it's my head. They're actually not quite how I envisioned them, so I may have to do some trimming on my own. I had bangs a couple of years ago, swept to the side, and I liked the look, it's just that my hair curls up, especially in the humidity, so it was hard to keep them from plastering to my forehead.
    And so I'll probably regret them as it's just starting to get humid here, but I don't care, I wanted something new.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

You go girl!! It is your head and you can do what you want! I have bangs again as well........sort of makes me look like a kid but I like them. The upkeep is a pain but it's cute for now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2947644;
    Well, my bf keeps telling me he doesn't like bangs.
    Do men not like bangs for some reason? Very peculiar. Mr. Rattus, the terminally non-committal, actually got briefly semi-excited once I got the hair opinion out of him and I told him that I might try growing my bangs out. Well, too bad for him . Two nights ago I got home from work and reinstated the bangs. The rest of the hair can stay long, but that having to deal with stuff flopping in my face every time the wind blows or I bend over is more than I'm willing to do for male-friendly style. Actually, I look better with bangs, and apparently everyone I work with thinks so as well. In general, I find that straight fine hair does look better with bangs.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I find while my hair is in the "growing out" stage I use my glasses to keep the hair out of my face or use a headband to do the same. I can't stand the in-between stage!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2945286;
    My hair is very over processed. I dye it constantly. It is super fine and stick straight. I have split ends, don't blowdry my hair but it still sticks up. Never smooth, never pretty. I use the products the stylist recommends but they make it heavy and greasy. I only wash my hair 2x a week to keep moisture but it is still dry. I have a filter on my shower to get the chlorine out of the water but it is still fly away....any suggestions?
    I use Biosilk Silk Therapy and absolutely love it. My hair is long, stick straight and lightened, and gets frizzy and dull because I wash it every day. But the Biosilk makes it shiny, soft and smooth without feeling greasy. I very much recommend this stuff (and a bottle lasts for a long time).
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

For those who've tried the John Frieda Glaze I have a question...

Does it cover the grey hairs? Not that I have any, but if one did would it cover?

I've been itching to get my hair cut. One of these days I'll be in the bathroom doing my best Edward Scissorhand imitation oh yeah it will happen..
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2948355;
    For those who've tried the John Frieda Glaze I have a question...

Does it cover the grey hairs? Not that I have any, but if one did would it cover?

I've been itching to get my hair cut. One of these days I'll be in the bathroom doing my best Edward Scissorhand imitation oh yeah it will happen..
    I would have to say "sort of". It doesn't cover the gray like a regular hair dye would, but it seems to me anyway, to make them look not as gray, but more like some lighter blonde highlights. I have kind of a carmel colored blonde hair at the moment and the glaze has brought out all kinds of highlights and so it makes the gray sort of blend in and look like highlights instead of just gray. But the grays are still the lightest part of my hair with kind of a golden sheen to them. Does that make sense?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

mrd that sounds really nice. My hair sounds like it might be darker than yours and more reddish. I'll have to give it a try.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2949339;
    mrd that sounds really nice. My hair sounds like it might be darker than yours and more reddish. I'll have to give it a try.
    The whole "system" of shampoo, conditioner and glaze is available for blonde, brunette and redhead, so you can find the one that best fits your hair color.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread