+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 87 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Broadway, combatcutie, BoBoFan: Thank you so much for your suggestions! I will try to find those up here or online.

I thought I posted this, probably in the wrong thread. I tried the new Perfect 10 Hair Color by Nice n Easy and it's wonderful! So quick and easy. I love the comb-like applicator too! There are $3 coupons out now so you can try it and save money!

I have a hair color question: My inner artist picked up a box of Blue-Black hair color from Garnier! I'm thinking of coloring my hair before I go down and take my bodypainting workshops, just for the fun of it. But does anyone know how I would tone down the blue after I get back? It might not be appropriate to work the Bat Mitzvah I have booked with blue hair. Any ideas?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2885484;
    Today my daughter and I went to the hair academy where she is going to start cosmotology school next month and got haircuts.I can honestly say, without a doubt, this is one of THE best cuts I've ever gotten!!!! And so is my daughter's. She got a pixie and the girl had NEVER done one before and it is cute, cute, cute. I kept my length, but got softer layers around my face and I love it.
    We have an academy here and it's wonderful pricewise. It just takes a very long time as the instructors make sure everything is just-so. Post new photos of your new Doo's for us, okay?

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2945171;
    [I have a hair color question: My inner artist picked up a box of Blue-Black hair color from Garnier! I'm thinking of coloring my hair before I go down and take my bodypainting workshops, just for the fun of it. But does anyone know how I would tone down the blue after I get back? It might not be appropriate to work the Bat Mitzvah I have booked with blue hair. Any ideas?
    Is it actually blue? There is a natural shade of black known as blue-black just because it is so black it has a blue sheen to it - the woman who works two cubicles down from me has natural hair that colour. If it is supposed to be a colour found in nature, then I wouldn't worry about toning it down for more conservative events as it won't look out of place. If it is actually blue, then sorry, other than redyeing it I wouldn't know what to do. Good luck!
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

My hair is very over processed. I dye it constantly. It is super fine and stick straight. I have split ends, don't blowdry my hair but it still sticks up. Never smooth, never pretty. I use the products the stylist recommends but they make it heavy and greasy. I only wash my hair 2x a week to keep moisture but it is still dry. I have a filter on my shower to get the chlorine out of the water but it is still fly away....any suggestions?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2945171;
    I have a hair color question: My inner artist picked up a box of Blue-Black hair color from Garnier! I'm thinking of coloring my hair before I go down and take my bodypainting workshops, just for the fun of it. But does anyone know how I would tone down the blue after I get back? It might not be appropriate to work the Bat Mitzvah I have booked with blue hair. Any ideas?
    Miss Kitty, if it is what I am thinking, I think you would have to dye your hair back to normal between the workshop and the Bat Mitzvah.

My older daughter went through a phase in high school where she dyed her hair. One time it was magenta, another time it was blue, then I lost count of what other colors she did!

But in between colors, she always dyed it back to near her normal color.

Maybe you could wait until the NEXT workshop. Do this workshop with your normal hair, do the Bat Mitzvah. Then do the color for some other workshop, where you can keep that color for a longer period of time?

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2945286;
    My hair is very over processed. I dye it constantly. It is super fine and stick straight. I have split ends, don't blowdry my hair but it still sticks up. Never smooth, never pretty. I use the products the stylist recommends but they make it heavy and greasy. I only wash my hair 2x a week to keep moisture but it is still dry. I have a filter on my shower to get the chlorine out of the water but it is still fly away....any suggestions?
    Since Rattus posted about the John Frieda Glaze, I have been using that and his shampoo and conditioner and my hair is probably in the best condition its ever been in and I dye mine every 6 weeks. I got the split ends cut off and I have been AMAZED at how much just the shampoo and conditioner have helped. I get it at Walgreens and it's not all that expensive. But the glaze has really helped because my hair is superfine and stick straight and this seems to give it volume without making it greasy or too dry.

One of the things I have ALWAYS done at home for conditioning is several times a year, I slather mayonnaise on my head, really work it in well, wrap it in plastic wrap and then cover it with a towel to keep it warm. Then I leave that on for about 30 min. and then wash out. It is a great home conditioner. You can also used warm olive oil.

(you smell like a sandwich, but it really does work. )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I went back to my roots a couple weeks ago. Have been getting nearly blonde for several years, and was reddish before that (any lightening I did turned it red).
    tired of the dark roots, I had it done to a dark deep brown. It looks much healthier, but I'm still getting used to it. My adult kids don't like it much, but then then have never seen it natural!!
    but mine is thick, Really really thiick and wavy - not nice wavy. Takes forever to dry and then I have to take the flattener to it. I have it it layers now, but it is still very heavy. but I like having long hair.
    I can't put anything on it. I have finally convinced my stylist - no spray - if they spray it I have to come home and wash it out.
    I would love to try the glaze, but I'm afraid of adding any more volume or thickness.

Thanks mrd. I will try an olive oil treatment tonight. I've been putting off coloring my hair as many of you know because it has been dyed black and that won't come out with any other color. My roots are coming in an auburn color so I do look a little funny right now! Tonight is shopping night for supplies so I very well may pick up some of that shampoo/conditioner and give it a shot.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Rattus and Mama C: Thanks for your replies! I must have sounded like a nutcase. Don't worry, the hair dye is still in the box. It's a blue-black shade, not blue or pink or purple. So I think it's got that blue-ish sheen. However, even though I'm just itching to color it and get a funky haircut, I've gotten cold feet as I do have to return home and appear somewhat "normal" to my new client and my family. Drat: why does common sense always seem to ruin my fun?

I'm going to have to color it at least once before I go away. I tried a medium brown and you can see the inch or so of growth because the dark ash brown I used previous almost looks like black. Sigh. It seemed so much easier when I was a blond...I just got blonder and nobody was the wiser (especially me!)

buglover: The mayonnaise will work good; so will those little vials of oil you heat up in a glass of water. They work wonders on the condition of your hair!

Another question....is it just me or do Men just not understand what it's like for a woman to change her hair? My sweetie has wanted me to outgrow or change my hair; particularly my bangs. But he can't describe to me what he's thinking of, has no concept that when you walk into a salon not knowing any of the stylists or colorists that you can be at their mercy (no matter what the price) and hasn't bothered to find a photo for me to consider. We've talked about this so many times. I've been in hair shows, and had my hair from blond to almost black. And all lengths from short pixie like to down to my waist. It's just that he hasn't seen me during all those years.

So, how do I convince my sweetie to either give me a good idea of what he's thinking of or just realize that I like my bangs the way they are? Unfortunately, my family of women, including my mom are currently all "bang on!" so to speak. He thinks I'm stuck in a rut and I need a makeover! :help

try going through a catalog to see hair styles. Have his point out the ones he likes. I personally say, if you want a change, you pick your own style. He will probably like it because you like it!

I use conditioner every other wash. That keeps my hair good so far. The thought of mayonnaise makes me think about having a hair party. MRD can bring the mayo, I'll bring the beer, who wants to bring the honey and eggs? Bug, you can bring the hot oil treatment, and we can gossip and party and laugh while we treat our hair. I also thought I'd bring some salad fixings since we'll have dressings available!

+ Reply to Thread