+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 87 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: How many FORT members currently need a haircut?

I already got a haircut.. nothing drastic.. just few inches off and bangs back.. started to look like a emo kid with the sidebang coming over my eye.
    I'm a mess and you're worse
    Just give me time to give you a waste of time

Re: How many FORT members currently need a haircut?

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2934545;
    Am I the only female in America that absolutely HATES to go to the hair salon?
    Me too! I've only gone to a salon a few times in my life-- I basically just have my mom trim it when it needs it, and I often cut my own bangs if I want them.

My main hair complaint would be frizz. When we travel anywhere cold and dry, like our Christmas trip out west, it behaves great, but here in FL it gives me problems most of the time. The anti-frizz treatments don't seem to affect it much. I do like that it is naturally sort of wavy, though.

Re: Hair problem or questions

Oh I love going! I find it so relaxing. Not so much the cut/colour, but I love the wash and the blowdry at the end!! That's my absolutely favourite part--getting my hair blowdried professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2936963;
    That's my absolutely favourite part--getting my hair blowdried professionally.
    Funny, that's one of my least favourite parts. Oh, it feels good, certainly, but I really hate, hate, hate coming out of the salon looking like an anchor woman. I tell them, and I tell them that I don't style my hair, I don't like a styled look, that I am a free freakin' spirit, but still, they insist on making me look like a Rubenesque, brunette Jessica Savitch.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I think that would happen if I didn't have such a wonderful relationship with my hairstylist. She gives me exactly what I want and then some. I've never had this perfect of a cut in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2937704;
    Funny, that's one of my least favourite parts. Oh, it feels good, certainly, but I really hate, hate, hate coming out of the salon looking like an anchor woman. I tell them, and I tell them that I don't style my hair, I don't like a styled look, that I am a free freakin' spirit, but still, they insist on making me look like a Rubenesque, brunette Jessica Savitch.
    Rattus , I just tell them I'll let it dry by itself. I get lots of weird looks, but my hair is just too curly. My Mom, bless her, suggested that since I've started getting the short hair (which I think does make me look better since it ad really gotten too thin to wear long) that I should try blow drying it with a round brush. Is there a nice way to holler hell no? I guess it would be ok for Mom's age (74) but I can't go for the helmet hair look. I don't even care to use gel and so forth, except on days when the sides of my hair are hell bent to stick out like Bozo the Clown.

Pakacat, try the Sunsilk leave in stuff for curly hair--it's the ONLY ting I've found that keeps me non fuzzy without making my hair feel stiff, hard, crunchy, or just wierd.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

For you really curly-haired gals, you might try hair grease. It's not as bad as it sounds. My daughter is Mulatto and the only thing that makes her hair soft and frizz-less is Blue Magic hair dress. It's like Vaseline. I work it in to her hair (when she lets me) right after her shower. You don't want to use so much that your hair is greasy, but it really works wonders. Her hair is beautiful when she lets me do it that way. We've tried other conditioners, even the Pink Oil that everyone raves about, and the grease is the only thing that we've gotten to work.

Whenever I go to get my hair cut the stylists just love my hair. I hate it because I have so much of it and so little time to do anything with it, plus I can't manuever the round brush and blow dryer thing. My hair will hold anything. I can curl it with my fingers and spray it with a light spray and the curls will hold. But I usually wear it in a ponytail. Go figure.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

I am another who has never mastered the whole blow dryer and round brush thing. Whenever I had my hair cut and blow dried at the salon, I would always watch how it was done, so I could do the same at home. Never worked out that way at home. I can/did it on my girls when they would let me, and did a pretty good job of it (I thought). But on my own head, it never looked like it did at the salon.

MRD

When I get a cut that includes a blowdry and style, I usually head straight home and mess with it myself. Now, I just tell them to cut it and I'll do it myself. I do pretty well with the round brush and blow dryer and the salon makes me look TOO poofy or too curly, so I'd prefer to do it myself.
    This last cut from the school has been GREAT. I can blowdry it and run the BIG curling iron through it in about 10 min. and my hair is really, really long. The big curling iron, just gives some wave, n ot curls. Since my hair is so long, I only have to wash it every 3 days, so spending 10 min. every three days on it isn't bad. The rest of the time, I can brush and go.
    But I hate the way the salons style my hair, so I'd rather do it myself.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2939807;

Pakacat, try the Sunsilk leave in stuff for curly hair--it's the ONLY ting I've found that keeps me non fuzzy without making my hair feel stiff, hard, crunchy, or just wierd.
    Thanks, I'll give it a try!

My other problem is tangles... but the Infusium leave-in treatment helps a lot with it. I'll also use an ash blonde haircolor to get rid of some of the red in my hair-- but it is funny; because I have an in-between shade that lightens up a fair amount in the sun, the same color can either lighten or darken it depending how much I've been outdoors. The conditioner that comes with Feria is about the best stuff in the world.

+ Reply to Thread