+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 87 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647484950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

MRD

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2872866;
    Oh, they will. There have only ever been three products that I've taken a shine to (Limonata, Nature Clean Oven & Barbecue Cleaner and L'Occitane's Shea Moisturizer) that haven't been taken off the market - yet. I am a curse, apparently.

And lucky you - your own in-home hair technician. I have to rely on Mr. Rattus and a pair of rusty shears every couple of months to keep me looking, uh, good. Yeah, that's it - good
    Well she says she will do my hair, but why do I get the feeling that when I need it done, she will be too busy?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Re: Hair problem or questions

Today my daughter and I went to the hair academy where she is going to start cosmotology school next month and got haircuts.

I can honestly say, without a doubt, this is one of THE best cuts I've ever gotten!!!!
    And so is my daughter's. She got a pixie and the girl had NEVER done one before and it is cute, cute, cute. I kept my length, but got softer layers around my face and I love it.
    I was very leary about going to a place where they don't have a whole lot of experience, but they were very good, concientious and the instructors were helpful without being overbearing. It did take longer than at a regular salon, but still I was very satisfied. (I actually don't mind it taking longer, because having someone comb and touch my hair and all that goes with getting it cut is VERY relaxing to me, so this was definetly some great pampering)
    AND it only cost $7 each for a wash, cut and blowdry. Now you CANNOT beat that.

I think I will definetly go back as the prices are good and every person that I saw come out of there had nice do's.
    I'm going to have to go when my daughter starts her practical work after the first 6 months because she's going to need people and different techniques to practice, but I know I'll go back again before then.

I got a price sheet and the prices for color, manicures, pedicures, acrylic nails and such are very, very affordable and reasonable. And the stylist were so nice and earnest and so willing to please.

I would really encourage you guys to check out the hair schools for a good bargain and a great way to get a new style or color at reasonable prices and you help out the students as well.
    I was very pleased.

FORT Regular

How many FORT members currently need a haircut?

Even though I had mine shorn drastically short around the end of February so I could wear a fauxhawk, now I am on a one-way train to Mullet Town and I really need to hop off.

Re: How many FORT members currently need a haircut?

I feel ya...
    My curlies are so out of control that I wore a bandana headband to work last night to keep it out of my eyes. By the end of the night I had Keith Richard's hairdo, only I'm fat, female, and not a rich rock legend so it really takes away from the cool factor.
    Last edited by queenb; 04-21-2008 at 06:50 AM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Oh, queenb, you are the rock star to us!!!

I needed (wanted) a change so I went to a salon. They really butchered it and I was waiting for it to grow out some before I went elsewhere. The gal from our other office used to work in a high end salon (she said), so Tues of last week I went home with her and she absolutely fixed my hair-It can grow into a decent haircut within another week, thus ending my panic that I would have to get a wig for the wedding.

Am I the only female in America that absolutely HATES to go to the hair salon? I've been known to cut it myself, have DH cut it..(that was a disaster) and let it grow far longer than I can stand it. It is extremely thick and curly otherwise I would love to have a short,short cut. But then would end up with a afro-not a pretty picture. So yeah, I currently need a cut.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

livin', normally I hate going to get a haircut, but with my oldest getting married into a froufrou family, I don't want to embarrass him. After the wedding, I'll be doing the trimming again. (although, to have someone else shampoo and massage your head is a good feeling!)

MRD

Find a hair academy/school. I got the best cut I think I've ever gotten a couple weeks ago and it was only $7.

The instructor supervised the student for most of the cut. It did take a bit longer than in a regular salon, but I have a great haircut for next to nothing.
    AND they do perms, color, etc. and the prices are really reasonable and the students are supervised during the whole process.

I don't think I'll go anywhere else now.
    I absolutely won't pay the prices at a high end salon and the cheaper ones just butcher you.

But try a school.

I go every six weeks. When I leave the salon from getting my hair cut, I already have my next appointment made. My hair is fairly short, so I like to go for regular touch-ups. I don't mind getting my hair cut - it's not my favorite thing to do. What I really love is get a manicure. Now that's relaxing for me. I could just sit there and take a nap.

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2934545;
    Am I the only female in America that absolutely HATES to go to the hair salon?
    Nope, you're not alone. I have been growing my hair for the past year, despite the peer pressure bullying that insists long hair is not appropriate for "older women" because I find the whole process unbearably tedious, not to mention that you have to do it every month or two. Plus, I've found that the only way I can ever get a decent cut is to spend at least $70, which annoys me mightily.

Anyway, I just finished reading a book of interviews with groupies, a number of whom were doing their thing back in the sixties and seventies. There were some current photos of them, and they all have long hair, and I thought they all looked fabulous. At any rate, none of them looked like a middle-aged suburban cubicle drone, which is what I look like with short hair. So no cutting for me.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread