+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 87 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

I just started using the Sunsilk De-Frizz Cream for curly/wavy hair and it is awesome! Smells divine, doesn't leave my hair greasy (unless I use waaay too much), and is cheap!! Good stuff!

Not a problem or a question, but a rave. My hair is heading into that mixed grey/brown shade that is ever so attractive, but I don't want to start dyeing it because I don't wish to become a root caretaker. So I've tried a number of "temporary" dyes over the past few years, none of which washed out of my hair, all of which left that lovely dishwater toned skunk stripe along the top of my head. So anyway, I tried this John Frieda Luminous Color Glaze, and it is glorious. You rub it into your hair after a shampoo just like conditioner every three days, let it sit for three minutes and then rinse. It intensifies the colour and blends the grey in with the rest of the colour. And best of all, it is actually temporary. I didn't use it for a few days because I wanted to test, and hallelujah, I will not have to do root maintenance. I am as happy as I can possibly be with respect to anything to do with hair.

John FriedaŽ - Luminous Color Glaze - What Is Glazing?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Rattus, I've used that glaze before, and I do like what it does for the color, although it makes my hair a little stiff.

I typically use the 28-wash temporary dye, and while it always does fade out, it no longer returns to the natural color; it winds up being lighter.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Actually, I meant to include the info that I loved what it does for the texture of my hair. But my hair is really fine (and annoyingly staticy from November through March), so presumably the coating it leaves adds more body rather than making it stiffer. So I guess that's a caveat - possibility of helmut hair
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2371699;
    I have a question. My hair is getting quite dry and tangly so I am using Infusium conditioner which I like. I've tried friz-ease and similar products which cut down on the frizz, but they straighten my hair.

My hair is somewhat naturally curly, but not as much as when I was younger. I'd like to get more of the curls back. My hair is layered and down past my shoulders.

What can I use to get some curl back in my hair, and yet also help the dry ends? I don't really want to go back to a curling iron or hot rollers.
    I've found a product I cannot live without. It's amazing is what it is! My hair is very healthy, shiny, strong & thick... It's 31.00 for 2 bottles & all it takes is a dime size application. I love this stuff!!!! Once you use it, you will NEVER go without it. Here ya go...

Nick Chavez of Beverly Hills Plump & Thick Leave-In Thickening Cream
    QVC sells it, but just Google it & you may be able to buy it elsewhere as well.
    Last edited by BoBoFan; 03-26-2008 at 03:03 PM.

MRD

Rattus, I have a question about the glaze.

I need to redye. Not only do I have about an inch of roots (not too noticable because I dyed last time close to my original color), but I have a nice skunk stripe of my own developing.

Should I redye and then buy the glaze or just go with the glaze now and not re-dye it first?

I'm getting really tired of having to dye every few weeks and this glaze stuff sounds great. I did check out the website and I checked Walgreens online and the price isn't bad either. And I read a LOT of really good reviews about the glaze.

So the question is:
    Dye and then glaze?
    Or just go ahead and glaze and don't bother with the dye?

Thanks
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

God this thread is reminding me that I have no idea how to go back from this black color I've had for 8 months now. I'm done with it. It's almost like having blonde hair with the roots being very obvious at 2 weeks in. I don't want to make my hair fall out trying to take the black out but I don't know how else to go brown without my hair looking orange. Sigh.
    Yup, with donuts!!

mrd, I would try the glaze without dyeing if I were you. If you don't like the results and do decide to dye, you just need to stop using it for a week before you colour. You can use the glaze over dyed hair to keep the colour looking fresh, so you won't be out however much the bottle costs (it's $15 up here - well worth it as far as I'm concerned).

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2871886;
    mrd, I would try the glaze without dyeing if I were you. If you don't like the results and do decide to dye, you just need to stop using it for a week before you colour. You can use the glaze over dyed hair to keep the colour looking fresh, so you won't be out however much the bottle costs (it's $15 up here - well worth it as far as I'm concerned).
    My daughter has decided to go to cosmotology school. She's been cutting an coloring her own hair and friends (I have only been brave enough to let her cut my bangs) for several years. I was showing her the stuff you reccomended, she comes out of her bathroom with the shampoo and the conditioner that goes "with" the glaze. She's changed her hair color, so can't use this as its "color specific", so I think I may try to get some of the glaze this weekend and try it. I will have the shampoo and conditioner too.

Thanks for the reccomendation because I have done a little research and this product is getting RAVE reviews (god, I hope that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue it!)

But I have to say that the school my daughter is going to is in the top 10 cosmotology schools in the US. I am thinking that I am going to have great hair, skin and nails for FREE for a long time.

The school teaches them hair, nails and facials. Her "big" plan is to go to the school for the year it takes and then work in the field and then go to business school and then open her own salon. Sounds like a good plan.
    I'm just excited to finally be able to afford salon care.
    She's been walking around behind me saying she can't WAIT to get a hold of "all that hair" that I have. Not so sure I like the sound of that till she gets some real experience!

Walgreens has that Frieda glaze here for $9.99 online. Not sure what the store will have it for. But that isn't a bad price.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2872070;
    Thanks for the reccomendation because I have done a little research and this product is getting RAVE reviews (god, I hope that doesn't mean they are going to discontinue it!)
    Oh, they will. There have only ever been three products that I've taken a shine to (Limonata, Nature Clean Oven & Barbecue Cleaner and L'Occitane's Shea Moisturizer) that haven't been taken off the market - yet. I am a curse, apparently.

And lucky you - your own in-home hair technician. I have to rely on Mr. Rattus and a pair of rusty shears every couple of months to keep me looking, uh, good. Yeah, that's it - good

+ Reply to Thread