+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 87 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Re: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;2373686;
    I use Abba products. You can only get them from a beautician. You can't go to like Sally's Beauty Salon. My hair was really dry, brittle, and coarse. I have natural curly hair (like a spiral perm) and this is the only thing that helped put the moisture back in my hair. To add curl, I use Abba Instant Recall, works wonders. I use Nourishing leave in conditioner. I'll find out the names of the shampoo and conditioner when I go home for lunch
    I have a friend with really curly, thick hair who actually puts regular lotion in it. I'd look like a drowned oily rat, but her hair always looks great.

Mine is fine and semi-curly, which means I can never decide what I want it to do. I spend most of my pre-work getting-ready time trying to make it look full and straight. I'm thinking of going back to long bangs -- they looked good last time I had them, but summer's coming and I know they're going to plaster to my head. But I'm still tempted.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I've always been a big believer in using hot oil treatments if my hair gets too dry and brittle. I do have to say that's rarely a problem for me, though. As dry as my skin can be, my hair is often oily.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

When I was wearing wigs last year (chemo), it was so itchy I took to wearing a bandanna under them. It really worked for me. I'm glad to read all the solutions for dry and frizzy/curly hair, since both are problems I'm trying to deal with as my hair grows out and is exposed to the pool chlorine 3 or 4 times a week. I've thought about getting a trim, but haven't since I'm trying to grow it out, but maybe it would look better.
    Count your blessings!

Well, I couldn't stand trying to grow it out any longer, so it's now Annie Lennox short (again). It's funny, it was sit on long for so many years, and these last few, I just can't seem to get it to my shoulders.

When I got it cut today, so short, the stylist did an interesting thing in the back, which is where the largest sparse-hair area is. He combed it up from there and then down to the nape, and it does look better. It's all spiked at the top and sides, and looks rather cute.

Meanwhile, I am definitely asking for a blood test Monday, as I really have felt my thyroid wasn't doing as well as it could be on my current dosage. I'm also planning on trying the bandana trick, that does sound as if it'll help.

Thanks all for the words of advice, and support.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

I have finally got my hair past my shoulders and have just begun wearing it wavy (it's naturally wavy). I was growing it out for so long and not good about trims, so I need to trim the old layers I had.
    My question is, even though I've been avoiding cutting the layers, will that help enhance the wave now that I'm wearing it that way? Seems like layers might help lighten it up and help it be wavier? Or am I totally wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2375783;
    I'm glad to read all the solutions for dry and frizzy/curly hair, since both are problems I'm trying to deal with as my hair grows out and is exposed to the pool chlorine 3 or 4 times a week.
    I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that you should wet your hair down with non clorinated water before getting in the pool. That way your head is already saturated and won't suck in as much chlorine. It makes sense to me... Anyhow, maybe you already do that, but I thought I'd pass that along.
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

Quote Originally Posted by Brodie;2379576;
    I don't know if it's true or not, but I've heard that you should wet your hair down with non clorinated water before getting in the pool. That way your head is already saturated and won't suck in as much chlorine. It makes sense to me... Anyhow, maybe you already do that, but I thought I'd pass that along.

That does seem to help. I have blonde hair and if I don't do this, it turns a sickly greenish shade.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJeterFan;2379442;
    I have finally got my hair past my shoulders and have just begun wearing it wavy (it's naturally wavy). I was growing it out for so long and not good about trims, so I need to trim the old layers I had.
    My question is, even though I've been avoiding cutting the layers, will that help enhance the wave now that I'm wearing it that way? Seems like layers might help lighten it up and help it be wavier? Or am I totally wrong?
    DJeterFan, yes the faithful trim will help with the wave.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2375783;
    When I was wearing wigs last year (chemo), it was so itchy I took to wearing a bandanna under them. It really worked for me. I'm glad to read all the solutions for dry and frizzy/curly hair, since both are problems I'm trying to deal with as my hair grows out and is exposed to the pool chlorine 3 or 4 times a week. I've thought about getting a trim, but haven't since I'm trying to grow it out, but maybe it would look better.
    Gutmutter, Try the Sunsilk leave-in conditioner in the green bottle; it's the best I've found. It seems like it's going to leave your hair greasy, but it really doesn't, it just takes longet to dry.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We discussed the soak-before-swimming a few pages back. That seems to help. I'll look for the Sunsilk leave-in conditioner queenb.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread