+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 87 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

But won't that also prevent it from changing to the color you like (as new hair grows in)?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Ha! I thought that skunk-striped look was IN!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by cricketeen;2262561;
    But won't that also prevent it from changing to the color you like (as new hair grows in)?
    I don't really understand your question. It will help keep your hair from turning a pretty greenie shade or fading your hair color if you dye your hair (like moi.)
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean;2262151;
    I think that is a myth.

My husband has hair (or hair loss) from his dad and his dad`s side of the family. His mom and Mother`s side all have a lot of hair. Fine hair, but a lot.
    Certain types are pattern baldness can be inherited from the mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2263152;
    I don't really understand your question. It will help keep your hair from turning a pretty greenie shade or fading your hair color if you dye your hair (like moi.)

From what I could gather reading Gutmutters post, her hair is changing color from the pool water. I assume it is the chlorine causing the change. Blondes turn green, brunettes turn
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

I'm resigned to the fact that after 45 years, my hair will never be straight. What kind of shampoo or conditioner should I use? It is curly, thick, fine and frizzes in any kind of damp air. My hair is also dry. Also what kind of products would be good to keep the frizzies down? I tried John Frieda? and didn't work for me. Normally after washing it I don't even comb it. HELP!
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2263376;
    Certain types are pattern baldness can be inherited from the mother.
    Which may be true.

But him and his hair pattern look exactly like his dad and his dad`s Dad.
    He`s even a handsome spitting image of his daddy!! Just sayin!!

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;2264321;
    I'm resigned to the fact that after 45 years, my hair will never be straight. What kind of shampoo or conditioner should I use? It is curly, thick, fine and frizzes in any kind of damp air. My hair is also dry. Also what kind of products would be good to keep the frizzies down? I tried John Frieda? and didn't work for me. Normally after washing it I don't even comb it. HELP!
    There`s this shine spray I use to combat the frizzies. Wish I remembered the name???
    Then I use a straight hot iron to straighten the frizzy hair otherwise.

livin4reality - Johnson's No More Tangles spray in the baby products section of your grocery store, Walmart, or drug store. I have the exact same problem as you and this really works. I use cheapo shampoo and conditioner but when I go to brush my hair (dry) I spray this and it not only gets out tangles, but leaves it manageable. I've recommended it to a lot of people and they always thank me. I used it on all my kids while they were growing up and never had the hair-brushing fights I had with my mom. I got some for my Little Sister when she was trying to grow her hair long and fighting with her mom over brushing it.
    Count your blessings!

Livin..... I swear by Redken products for my fine hair, and I know they have a smoothing line that my niece uses to straighten her hair. My sister also uses their curls line (I can't remember the name of it at the moment, but it'll say curl boosting right on the bottle) and she loves it, as she lets her hair hair dry with finger combing as well.

Gutmutter... the product system that I've used when in chlorine too much is Malibu2000 Just for Swimmers. It has a demineralizer, shampoo, and conditioning system for getting the chemicals out and rejuvenating your hair. I think they sell the demineralizers seperate, too, and I got mine at BeautyFirst, if you have one of those stores around you?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread