+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 87 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Surabaya Area New Home fo elsya's Avatar

Best Japanese thermal-reconditioning straightening system with strong solutions

Hi, guys!
    10/7/06-Salon Juno (Bellevue, WA) is the top #1 in Japanese thermal-reconditioning straightening system with strong solutions. I highly recommended my hairstylists: Dave (and or together with Karen Lee). Now I'm ready for upcoming new job interviews. Thank you! Elsya; Bellevue, WA

Do you have healthy hair?

Material
    A strand of hair

To Do and Notice
    1. Wrap the strand of hair around your forefingers so that your fingers are about an inch apart.
    2. Pull the hair slowly, but firmly.
    3. Can you feel the hair stretching out? or does it break?

What's Going On?
    Healthy head hair will stretch when you pull on it. That's because the cortex of healthy hair is strong and elastic. The cortex inside of a damaged hair strand is weak and brittle. It will break more easily when you pull on it.

~~ My hair is very weak and brittle. That`s why for me; I need regular protein treatments. The protein adds strength and shine for /fine/ hair like mine!! Profusion spray is good too. It`s like an instant conditioner I easily spray on my long hair.

To make your hair color last longer...

1.) Apply a deep conditioning treatment to your hair a few days before coloring. The better conditioned your hair is, the easier the color will take and the longer it will last. Recently conditioned hair will also be softer and shinier. As an extra bonus, a deep conditioner will protect your hair against any possible damage from the color chemicals.

2.) Color hair that has not been washed for 1 day.The natural hair oils will assist in making the hair color application more successful. The color will cling better to hair that is not dry.

3.) Use a color enhancing shampoo between applicationsto enhance and maintain the color. The color shampoos like Mine, Manic Panic, ARTec and Aveda's color shampoos are specifically designed to keep your color fresh as long as possible. Be sure to use the color shampoos religiously to maintain your color. The color shampoos will help you keep your color looking good until it is time for the next application. If you don't wish to use a color enhancing shampoo then at least use the most gentle shampoo that you can.

4.) Avoid exposing your colored hair to the sun or chlorine in swimming pools. The sun may fade your hair color and the chlorine may damage the color. In some severe cases, if you have colored your hair a very light color the chlorine may leave a green tinge to your hair.

5.) Keep your hair conditioned. Hair coloring will make your hair drier than normal. It is important to keep your hair conditioned and soft. Conditioned hair holds color better than dry, brittle or damaged hair. Conditioned hair also makes the colored hair shinier and brighter.

6.) Add a temporary color to give you longer wear. There are several wonderful temporary hair colors now available on the market that will give your hair a temporary color what washes out after a few shampoos. If the roots seem to be growing out a lot faster than normal, or the color looks a little faded, use a temporary color until your next permanent color application.

7.) Use layered colors to prevent an overall faded color look. If your hair is colored all one color, or seems to fade fast after each color application, you may want to try a layered color look. The advantage to applying layered colors would be to have complimentary shades of darker and lighter colors which would reflect the light and give the color a multidimensional look. This would give your color a fresher, less faded look. It would also last longer because of the multiple shades woven into your hair. A professional colorist would need to assist you with layered coloring since it can be somewhat complicated.

This works for me with my own clientelle. When I foil layer the color with 2 or 3 different colors. It seems to last longer for them.

8.) One I learned through personal experience is to always rinse your hair with cold or cool water It`s hard, I know; but I just tilt my head backwards in the shower and the brisk water is actually quite invigerating. Get`s ya going!!

Another thread that should have my name written on it

Being a man, I a have an unsound relationship to my lion's mane...that I've been told more than once (just the fact that I use conditioner as opposed to just schampoo raises suspicion among some people). The last couple of months I have had 4 dreams on the subject of losing hair. Maybe that's my one biggest fear (been told by hair dressers I won't ever get bald, my fater is, my brother and I both have thick hair, they say it skips one generation, don't they?) Some days ago a little girl (I think she was about 4 years of age) was curious about my hair
    "What's your name?"
    "Fredrik"
    "Why do you have such long hair?"
    "Because I like it that way!"
    "But the hair is in your eyes"
    Hard to argue with kids of a certain age, all these questions, and so hard to please them with your answers

Anyway, since I just had highlights done, my hairdresser suggested a hair dress for me ("Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Hair Treatment"), that I bought and tried and it works wonders on the hair. I apply it the day before I wash my hair. I also apply it as the finishing touch after having done the usual styling procedure.
    http://www.organicrootstimulator.com...olive_8oz.html
    https://www.americarx.com/index.asp?...D&ProdID=21449

Maybe that's my one biggest fear (been told by hair dressers I won't ever get bald, my fater is, my brother and I both have thick hair, they say it skips one generation, don't they?)
    They actually say that you get your hair patterns from your Mother's side. How's the male hair on that side of the family???

I'm trying to retrain my head to not have to be washed every day... wonder if/when I could use that treatment. Does it help your hair grow faster (i havent visited the link yet)?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2185220;
    They actually say that you get your hair patterns from your Mother's side. How's the male hair on that side of the family???

I'm trying to retrain my head to not have to be washed every day... wonder if/when I could use that treatment. Does it help your hair grow faster (i havent visited the link yet)?
    It's not a hair loss product, more of a root stimulator to bring new life to the hair. Especially colured (highlights) hair tends to get dry and lifeless (less soft) and this really helped get it back to life again. My mother's father never went bald, so that might explain it...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2185220;

I think that is a myth.

My husband has hair (or hair loss) from his dad and his dad`s side of the family. His mom and Mother`s side all have a lot of hair. Fine hair, but a lot.

When my hair grew in from bald (chemo) it was a dark, mousey brown - very unattractive (was gold-highlighted auburn before). I started swimming at the Y without a cap and now it has lightened up to a color I like. I know I should start wearing a cap because the chlorine's not good for my hair, but I tried and it pulled and hurt and my hair kept sproinging out of it. Does anyone know specifically what chlorine does? I soak my hair in the shower first and wash/condition it after. Can I get away with it with those precautions? I really don't want to wear a cap, but don't want to ruin my hair either.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter.... soaking your hair first in water will definitely help prevent any chlorine damage. I've also been told that you can use spray in conditioner for the same purpose.

Dry (as opposed to wet) hair allows chlorine to soak in and damages the hair shaft, causing hair to become weak and brittle. The above water or conditioner soaks the hair shaft and keeps chlorine from being able to be absorbed. (kind of like a sponge. If you soak the sponge first and then put it in a pool it won't absorb any more water because it's already full.)

There are also products for swimmers that you can find in the stores that are designed to rinse chlorine from your hair and then recondition. When I get home tonight I'll to remember to post the name of the product that I've used before and have in my cabinet.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Thanks Broadway - I read about soaking the hair at one point and will try the conditioner as well.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread