+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 87 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738394041424344454686 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Say someone hypothetically dropped a big blob of hair dye on their toe, and now it's all in the nail bed and under the nail and generally looks disgusting. How would someone hypothetically get it off so they don't look like a freak wearing open toed shoes at their cousin in law's wedding next Saturday afternoon?

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Lamia, hypothetically, huh?

There are several products out there to remove hair dye from skin like this one. I'd try a Sally's or other beauty supply place. If that's not possible, I've had great success with using Clinique's Clarifying Lotion 2 to remove hair dye. It'd take more work around the nail bed, but you may give it a try.

I've been rubbing my toe with clinique for the past few minutes, but it wont come off the nail. I've decided to tell everyone that I dropped an econo size can of chii on it at Costco and try to use the sympathy points to get me to the front of the cake line.

Way to make Lemonade, Lamia!!!

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    jillibean, any tips from going to dark black to burgundy? I can't afford a professional colorist right now, and I can't get the over the counter dye to work! I've tried it twice, and each time I've let it sit a long time. The color is refusing to get any lighter! It's exactly the same
    I was thinking of dyeing it a lighter color (Like blonde) and then making it burgundy, so the color will be more effective. I'm just worried it could go really wrong, and I'll look crazy.

And OMG a word of advice: Never dye your hair really light by yourself. The chemicals they sell over the counter are on the weak side, so you'll always get a brassy, lemon yellow.
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

Quote Originally Posted by Lamia View Post
    I've been rubbing my toe with clinique for the past few minutes, but it wont come off the nail. I've decided to tell everyone that I dropped an econo size can of chii on it at Costco and try to use the sympathy points to get me to the front of the cake line.
    Could you cover or match it with nail polish?

Quote Originally Posted by veejer View Post
    Could you cover or match it with nail polish?
    I dyed my hair hair black. I originally wanted to paint them light pink or light gold, but I guess I could switch to red for funzies.

Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan
    jillibean, any tips from going to dark black to burgundy? I can't afford a professional colorist right now, and I can't get the over the counter dye to work! I've tried it twice, and each time I've let it sit a long time. The color is refusing to get any lighter! It's exactly the same

Your hair is such a deep level. 7 or 8, you need to use a high lift color, or bleach it a bit first. If you lived closer. I`d do it for ya!! We do my mom`s color that shade. I know how to keep it lasting too.

Say someone hypothetically dropped a big blob of hair dye on their toe, and now it's all in the nail bed and under the nail and generally looks disgusting. How would someone hypothetically get it off so they don't look like a freak wearing open toed shoes at their cousin in law's wedding next Saturday afternoon?
    I heard soaking it in sea breeze will work after awhile... It also gets rid of toe nail fungus. After several weeks.

sorry if I`m late to answer this.

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    I guess a clear bandaid if all else fails! poor Lamia.

I came in the thread to tell you all about one of those "Star Products" that actually work. The Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo is AWESOME! Saves me from having to dunk the front of my head in the sink before going out at the end of a long day!!!!

It's not horrendously expensive, but I'm one of those who don't blink at spending a lot of money on hair/makeup/shoes because of girl math. Unlike an expensive shirt or dress there are things you use every day, therefore they are "cheap" even though they are expensive. So you may not want to go by me.
    Could does not mean should

+ Reply to Thread