+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 87 FirstFirst ... 25262728293031323334353637383940414243444585 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Thanks Stargazer, I was a little intimidated to do it myself. I want to go lighter because I too have a lot of gray! But my hair is parted in the middle and when it starts growing out I have this white strip on the top of my head. I figured going lighter it wouldn't be as noticeable.

I recently went lighter with Colour Experte (or whatever it is) - using a honey blonde with highlights. I love it. I've always been an auburn or brown, now with much more grey.

It is tricky to get the roots all over (I always seem to miss one or another spot - but usually buried pretty much in there. And it sure beats paying otu more than $100 and spending an hour or two someplace.

I used to color all the time-I have a natural skunk white thing going-since I was 25. About every one - two weeks, I would take a teaspoon of the color and a teaspoon of the mixture goo, mix them together and apply to the white roots, and time it just like I was doing my whole head. I got tired of the white roots-in my opinion it was worse than someone else's black roots. But, since I think I'll be job hunting, I am thinking about coloring again. I just hate to think about the white roots showing. Maybe I'll try doing the crooked part-does anyone know if that helps?

I've had white (not grey, white) hair since I was in college. I used to color it, and I wore it sit on long. A couple of years ago, I decided to cut it all off (sent it to Locks of Love) and see what it looked like uncolored.

Well, I suppose I'm lucky, because it is snow white, but it actually looks good, and isn't aging at all (that was my huge fear, that I'd look matronly). I did have dark blonde lowlights put in early this summer, and that was aging, much to my surprise. I'm not sorry I did that, though, because I'd always wondered how I'd look with sort of a reverse-frosting effect, and now I know to not do that again.

Not much point here, except that I was pleasantly surprised at how my natural color looks.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2 View Post
    I recently went lighter with Colour Experte (or whatever it is) - using a honey blonde with highlights. I love it. I've always been an auburn or brown, now with much more grey.

It is tricky to get the roots all over (I always seem to miss one or another spot - but usually buried pretty much in there. And it sure beats paying otu more than $100 and spending an hour or two someplace.
    Sounds like the shade that I am, too...but I've learned to let the beautician do it for me. I miss a lot of places when I color my own hair. Last time she colored mine, she used a dishwater blonde with lighter blonde highlights. So much easier to have it done, and I only paid 32.00 for the color.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    I've had white (not grey, white) hair since I was in college. I used to color it, and I wore it sit on long. A couple of years ago, I decided to cut it all off (sent it to Locks of Love) and see what it looked like uncolored.

Well, I suppose I'm lucky, because it is snow white, but it actually looks good, and isn't aging at all (that was my huge fear, that I'd look matronly). I did have dark blonde lowlights put in early this summer, and that was aging, much to my surprise. I'm not sorry I did that, though, because I'd always wondered how I'd look with sort of a reverse-frosting effect, and now I know to not do that again.

Not much point here, except that I was pleasantly surprised at how my natural color looks.

Oh yes!! Don`t touch your hair with color.

put the bottle down.... he,he...

I love, love all white hair. Or with some of it. It`s the most gorgeous color and don`t think it`s aging AT ALL!! Actually quite flattering to women. And I do hair for a living.

Jillibean - Im trying to grow my short top layers out..to eventually be a one length bob. How do you suggest I try to keep it straightened as I dry it, because I have naturally very wavy hair..?
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002 View Post
    Jillibean - Im trying to grow my short top layers out..to eventually be a one length bob. How do you suggest I try to keep it straightened as I dry it, because I have naturally very wavy hair..?

So many people have the same problem you do.

The only thing I can suggest is a dryer with a comb attachment on it. If you can get the comb through your thick hair!!

Maybe try spraying the spray conditioner like profusion (has protein in it) or others like it. Then the comb can go through better.

Then, as you know;.... you have to spend a lot of time straightening it with the straight iron!!

There are places you can chemically straighten your hair. But two problems with that. #1. expense
    #2 it`s not permanent

~~ Me?........ I would love having your hair. Mine is so fine and thin, it`s hard work keeping it long.

When I wore my hair straight a friend of mine in the beauty biz got me this straightener that was great, it was just a cream you comb through. I don't remember the name of it but it was in a pink jar.

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    jillibean, any tips from going to dark black to burgundy? I can't afford a professional colorist right now, and I can't get the over the counter dye to work! I've tried it twice, and each time I've let it sit a long time. The color is refusing to get any lighter! It's exactly the same
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

+ Reply to Thread