+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 87 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536373839404142434484 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 867

Thread: Hair problem or questions

  1. #331
    iPod Newest Victim DeafChulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Windy City
    Age
    35
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    You can buy texturizing potions and sprays at the drug store

    any suggestion in what kind of brands to use? appreciate it!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

  2. #332
    Smiley Queen Jillibean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    50
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    I don't know what to do.

    Naturally, I have very light brown hair. I got sick of it very quickly, and began experimenting with different colors. Orange-y red, blonde, darker blonde, darker red, black, black with platinum highlights, etc, etc.

    I've been wearing the same color for about four months, and I'm getting tired of it. I know I look better with darker hair (like Raven black) but sometimes I just want the fun of having light hair (Platinum blond.) I can't wear red hair again, because I'm very All-American looking, and it'd be too much.

    Any advice?!?
    If you go black, you can`t go back to lighter hair again for awhile. (Or else it`ll destroy your hair)

    If I were you, I`d add some lighter streaks into your hair. It`ll look good.

    Or since fall is almost upon us, you could go back to a darker brown, but I would stay away from black........

    and only because you like to change up your hair from time to time.

    I always enjoyed foil highlighting my clients hair with two different shades. Gives a more natural color.

  3. #333
    Smiley Queen Jillibean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    50
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post
    any suggestion in what kind of brands to use? appreciate it!

    I really haven`t heard of any product curling your hair.

    Oh sure, I`ve seen the claims on T.V. but frankly I don`t believe them.

    I have fine hair myself, and it`s stick straight. I would be the first one knocking you down at the store if I thought it would work.

    But, hey!! If you come across something that works. Could you tell me about it?
    I promise I`ll walk and not knock you down at the store.

  4. #334
    iPod Newest Victim DeafChulo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Windy City
    Age
    35
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean View Post
    I really haven`t heard of any product curling your hair.

    Oh sure, I`ve seen the claims on T.V. but frankly I don`t believe them.

    I have fine hair myself, and it`s stick straight. I would be the first one knocking you down at the store if I thought it would work.

    But, hey!! If you come across something that works. Could you tell me about it?
    I promise I`ll walk and not knock you down at the store.

    I doubt you'd be able to knock me down. I'm too fat to be knocked down. LOL I have thick hair and I always asked hair stylist to "trim" my hair down... certainly will let FORTers, especially you Jillibean, know if anything works...
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

  5. #335
    avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,821
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillibean View Post
    If you go black, you can`t go back to lighter hair again for awhile. (Or else it`ll destroy your hair)

    If I were you, I`d add some lighter streaks into your hair. It`ll look good.

    Or since fall is almost upon us, you could go back to a darker brown, but I would stay away from black........

    and only because you like to change up your hair from time to time.

    I always enjoyed foil highlighting my clients hair with two different shades. Gives a more natural color.
    I got frustrated with the whole 'pick a color thing' so I just went to straight black. I wish I had seeen your post
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

  6. #336
    Smiley Queen Jillibean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Indiana
    Age
    50
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by ANTM Mega Fan View Post
    I got frustrated with the whole 'pick a color thing' so I just went to straight black. I wish I had seeen your post
    Any questions you have in the future, and i`ll be right there!!

    I love to color hair, and I have a lot of tricks up my sleeve,. Even ways to make color (reds) last a lot longer.

  7. #337
    avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,821
    Well, I've been trying to dye my black hair burgundy, but have been having no luck. In fact, my hair finished darker than when I started!

    Any advice? Thanks in advance
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

  8. #338
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    My friend dyed hers burgundy once, but it wasn't on purpose. I thought it looked cool, though. I was sad when she had it "fixed".
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

  9. #339
    80's Rule! karna68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,696
    I color my hair a lot, right now I'm a light reddish brown. I want to go blonde. Is this something I can do myself or would I be better off having a professional do it? Is there a home color you recommend?

  10. #340
    RESIDENT JEDI MASTER Stargazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    On a Rocky Mountain High
    Age
    39
    Posts
    11,928
    Karna, I color my hair all the time one color or another (since gray is my natural color now ). I do the darker colors myself, but never fool around with blonde. In my opinion, that's best left to the professionals. You can really damage your hair with blonding techniques if you don't know what you're doing. Or end up looking like Anna Nicole Smith with platinum fuzz on your head.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

    "I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.