+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 87 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041424383 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

i have blonde wavy hair, but i straighten every day
    would it be unhealthy if i dyed it black with red streaks or other way around and still straightened it?

Bekka, not if you use a ceramic flat iron. I am not sure about the metal type straighteners, never used those. I use a flat iron every day and color my hair very often.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

avy by martinique ANTM Mega Fan's Avatar
    I don't know what to do.

Naturally, I have very light brown hair. I got sick of it very quickly, and began experimenting with different colors. Orange-y red, blonde, darker blonde, darker red, black, black with platinum highlights, etc, etc.

I've been wearing the same color for about four months, and I'm getting tired of it. I know I look better with darker hair (like Raven black) but sometimes I just want the fun of having light hair (Platinum blond.) I can't wear red hair again, because I'm very All-American looking, and it'd be too much.

Any advice?!?
    "What it do, Shawty?"-Natasha Galkina

More hair problems!

Can you dye fake hair? I ahve this awesome piece and I'm trying to make it darker. If I can't dye it, does anyone know what I can do to make it dark?

I'm a male... obviously (i hope)... I want to know how i could make my hair somewhat tight-wavy/loose curls. My hair is straight... what products (if any) would you suggest for me to achieve "short-term" waves/curls?

Thanks "hairy" FORTers!
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

I have a couple of fake hairpieces that no longer match my current haircolor, and my hairdresser would always tell me to bring them in and she'd dye them to match, so I'd have to say yes.

But.... maybe try calling the 800# on the box to see if they recommend using their dye on synthetic hair.

And... just noticed your June post. What color did you end up doing your hair???

DeafChulo.... ooooh, perming hair is such a touchy issue that depends so much upon your hair texture, etc. I'd not recommend trying to do it yourself if you're not familiar with the process, or you'll end up with tight curls... or tight tight curls that fall out after a week or two (and hopefully not with hair along with it.)

Is the piece made of out of human hair, or is it synthetic? If it's human hair, it's no different than coloring your own hair. If it's synthetic, you probably won't get the effect you're looking for, because the nature of hair color is to penetrate the shaft and deposit the color, and naturally synthetic isn't the made the same as our own hair. So the chemical actions of the hair color on synthetic hair are useless.

I have read that if it's synthetic, it's best to use fabric color (like RIT dye, available in groceries and drugstores) on the piece. That makes sense to me, as the properties would be similar. It will coat the hair, and you should easily be able to achieve a dark shade.

Snip a stand and do a test on it first, to be sure.
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    I have a couple of fake hairpieces that no longer match my current haircolor, and my hairdresser would always tell me to bring them in and she'd dye them to match, so I'd have to say yes.

But.... maybe try calling the 800# on the box to see if they recommend using their dye on synthetic hair.

And... just noticed your June post. What color did you end up doing your hair???
    I was toying around with a blond glazed brown, but my wallet said 'Oh Hell No!' So I got some black dye at the corner store, and I must say, it looks quite fabulous

Irons are awesome for texture changes...But they can fry your hair so make sure to keep it under control.

Thanks for the tips. My hair grows out nasty, and a weave is not in my price range. This could be reallly cool.

The hair is fake. Shoot, I buy my hair at the dollar store. BY THE POUND. LOL
    Last edited by ANTM Mega Fan; 09-05-2006 at 07:23 PM.

No perm! I refuse to have perm!

aren't there any product out there that would curl up your straight hair just for a day or two?
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

Quote Originally Posted by DeafChulo View Post
    No perm! I refuse to have perm!

aren't there any product out there that would curl up your straight hair just for a day or two?
    You can buy texturizing potions and sprays at the drug store

+ Reply to Thread