+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 87 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Grey Hair!

I'm actually doing a root touch up right now. My grey hair shows so easy on my dark hair that I have to color at least once a month, either touch up or full color. Oh well, off to rinse!

MRD
    Mine too and what's worse is I'm getting the gray skunk stripe right in the front. I look like a heavier, non red headed version of Bonnie Raitt or that annoying decorating woman who used to be on HGTV. Kitty something

For some reason, while I have gray coming in all over, it chose the VERY front middle to get a wide gray streak that I have to cover up at least monthly. I'm hoping the highlights help with this.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mine comes in stripes, too, rosie. They've been coming in streaks like that for about ten years or so. I'm not sure if I prefer the streaks or if it would be better scattered about. Of course, I'd really prefer not to have any at all.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    I'm actually doing a root touch up right now. My grey hair shows so easy on my dark hair that I have to color at least once a month, either touch up or full color. Oh well, off to rinse!
    I have brown but very few gray hairs. The gal i go to some times said i am very lucky i guess i get it all from my mom. She did not turn gray until latter in life. i am 59 with very few gray hairs. Diane kunz

Even easier than messing with the length or color is to do what I did--go bald. I concede that it may not work well for women

I have brown but very few gray hairs. The gal i go to some times said i am very lucky i guess i get it all from my mom. She did not turn gray until latter in life. i am 59 with very few gray hairs. Diane kunz
    All of my brothers (three older, one younger) are as gray as Army mules, but so far my only gray is in my beard. What's left on the sides of my head is still dark blond.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Fort Member
    I have no idea what my natural colour is anymore, the last time I saw it I was 17 and that was over 20 years ago. I am pretty sure there would be some greys in there if I actually let it grow out enough to see, which is never going to happen unless I end up on a deserted Island with no hairdresser or pharmacy in sight.
    My husband is grey and started going grey when he was 21, recently the hairdresser managed to talk him into colouring it and now he is addicted. She leaves some of the grey in on the sides so it looks natural but it makes him look ten years younger, or how he would have looked ten years ago had he not started to go grey 20 years ago. The good thing is it now takes him just as long at the hairdresser as it takes me, so he can no longer complain about it

Quote Originally Posted by diane kunz View Post
    My dad was almost completely grey in high school. I have very, very dark brown hair, almost black naturally, but I started getting gray in high school as well. I promised my dad when I was very young that I would never color it. I didnt' until I turned 29 - changed my life for the better. I looked much older with the grey.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder View Post
    Even easier than messing with the length or color is to do what I did--go bald. I concede that it may not work well for women

All of my brothers (three older, one younger) are as gray as Army mules, but so far my only gray is in my beard. What's left on the sides of my head is still dark blond.

My husband finally went bald too. All of it. He decided to shave off what was left. And his beard has gone from full to a goatee because it was getting grey. Now the goatee is grey. He tried dying it one time with that just for men stuff. Took me two days to quit laughing. He decided it looked better grey.

And Newf, I have often thought that living in this Florida heat, bald would be a great way to go and I am a woman. I figure I could buy a wig for when I needed to be out in public.

Now that's what I call hat hair! Look closely
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Now that's what I call hat hair! Look closely
    http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f150/losolomio/hairhat.jpg
    OMG!!!!

I bought a hairstyles magazine a couple weeks ago before getting my new do and there was a page of "hot new styles" and they had the Grace Jones look from the early 80's in there. I thought: Oh no, not again!

+ Reply to Thread