+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 21222324252627282930313233343536373839404181 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

MRD
    I found several sites that let you use your own photo from googling "hairstyles".

I've been trying to find a photo of a hairstyle that the Today Show did on a woman my age in March.
    I have searched their site and just can't find it.
    I LOVED the hairstyle and that is what I want and I can't find anything similar.

Why do all the hairstyle books and sites show such weird or very dressy hair. I am looking for something everyday. I don't need it standing out at the ends with tons of styling goo.

I want hair I can go to the supermarket in, not clubbing hair!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

AJane, if I remember right one of the hair coloring companies lets you download a picture of yourself and then change hairstyle and color. I believe it was Clariol.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I don't have a hair problem - anymore, that is. See, I finally worked up the courage to go to my hairdresser and tell him to give me a bob. I've always thought a just-below-the chin-length, classic bob to be THE ultimate hairstyle: classy, sophisticated, appropriate for all ages, and fairly low-maintenance. Since I can think of about a million things I'd rather do than tending to my hair, I tend to steer clear of high-maintenance 'dos, no matter how gorgeous they look in magazines. I just know I'll never be able to recreate what my hairdresser did. Anyway, I really lucked out with this new hairdo. I love having shorter hair! Also, it's über-easy to keep up: just blow-dry after you've washed your hair, and your hair style will keep until the next time you wash it.

Here are a few pics of me and my new 'do. What about the rest of you? Do you have any hair successes or horror stories you'd like to share? AJane, have you given yourself a new style yet? If not, perhaps a bob is the way to go? It looks great on practically everyone, regardless of the shape of your face.

Me and my new bob, slightly intoxicated:

(Sorry about that. It seems that the only time people close to me are taking pictures is when they're drunk! Ah well, at least I'll provide some entertainment for my fellow FORTers. Now you can claim to have seen Geek the Girl drunk! )

"There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Cute hair! That's what I've been growing my hair hair for-just that length! Mine's not quite long enough, but I only have another inch to go!

It's a great length, isn't it, famita? Long enough for you to be able to pull it back into a pony tail or chignon if you feel like variation, and short enough to qualify as a Proper Hairstyle.

I should probably come clean and admit that I was very inspired by season 4-5 Agent Scully when I decided to cut my hair. I'm thinking of going even shorter and trimmer next time, now that I no longer fear cutting my hair off. I don't think I'd go completely short, though: while I adore pixie-cuts on other women, I just don't think I have the right facial structure for it. My head is too big - I'd just look dumb as opposed to gamine.

geek, I'm at your pics...I swear you look quite a bit like I did about 10 years ago (how old are you??). The hair looks good.

I opted to chop all mine off, go back to my shorter bangs, and coloured it light brown with a lot of gold-blonde and bright red highlights. Anyone who has seen my pic (I had it up briefly in my profile) knows that is a dramatic change indeed. But I get bored of my hair cuts and colours easily. And Melitta, the Clairol site was the one I ended up using - thank you for the tip!
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    geek, I'm at your pics...I swear you look quite a bit like I did about 10 years ago (how old are you??). The hair looks good.

I opted to chop all mine off, go back to my shorter bangs, and coloured it light brown with a lot of gold-blonde and bright red highlights. Anyone who has seen my pic (I had it up briefly in my profile) knows that is a dramatic change indeed. But I get bored of my hair cuts and colours easily. And Melitta, the Clairol site was the one I ended up using - thank you for the tip!
    Really? I'll be 26 next week. Too funny that on top of liking the same books and movies, and with my Canada fetisch and all, we should look alike!

The new 'do sounds fab. I'm all for dramatic changes, especially in the spring-time. Post pictures, why doncha!

Oh, I'll get another pic up sometime soon. Yup, close to 10 years ago, I'm 38. (I used to let my picture be taken while drunk, too.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MRD
    I treated myself to a new do today. cut and highlights and lowlights. It is a lot more layered and I love it! I've been letting it grow so I could get something new and it was nice to do something for myself now that I feel better. I've lost so much weight in my face since my surgery that the new do looks great and it makes me FEEL great.

There is nothing like a new hairdo to make you feel good again.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm going to go back to blonde for summer soon. I like my hair dark for winter, but boy does my gray show fast.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread