+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 87 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair problem or questions

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd
    Hey everyone! I have a hair question now. Yeah me, the hair expert
    So anyway, My son is a little over 3 months old now, and right when he turned 3 months my hair started falling out big time. I knew this was normal, but I am wondering how long it will last?

I've always had hair that was so thick nothing could be done with it. So I am not worried about going bald or anything. I am just wondering how long till I stop cleaning my sink drains every day! My hair brush 3 times a day etc. My bathroom floor is a fright, there is hair all over my apartment, and DANG! My poor husband has to pull long hairs out of dinner every night When will this end?
    ClosetNerd, you are displaying all the classic signs, unfortunately, of postpartum hair loss. Just so you know you are not alone, here is an article that could be about you! You also are not deficient in nutrition or vitamins, so don't get suckered into buying "premium" (read over-priced) vitamins or hair products containing them to restore your hair. Nature just has to takes its course with this one. Hang in there; it will get better!

I had my baby three months ago, and now my hair is starting to fall out. Is this normal?
    Many new moms are surprised to find themselves shedding more hair than usual sometime in the first few months after giving birth, but it's perfectly normal. And there's no need to panic. You won't go bald. In fact, your hair should be back to normal by your baby's first birthday.

Here's what's going on. Normally, about 85 to 95 percent of the hair on your head is growing and the other 5 to 15 percent is in a resting stage. After the resting period, this hair falls out (often while you're brushing or shampooing your hair) and is replaced by new growth. The average woman sheds about 100 hairs a day.

During pregnancy, increased levels of estrogen prolong the growing stage so there are fewer hairs in the resting stage and fewer falling out each day, so you have thicker, more luxuriant tresses. But after you give birth, your estrogen levels take a tumble and a lot more hair follicles enter the resting stage ó and that means more hair coming out in the shower or on the brush. This unusual shedding will taper off and your hair will be back to its pre-pregnancy thickness about six to 12 months after you give birth.

By the way, not all women notice dramatic changes in their hair during pregnancy or the postpartum period. Among those who do, it tends to be more obvious among women with longer locks.

What can I do about it?
    You won't be able to stop the hair from falling out, but you can experiment with different hairstyles or hair products (such as hair thickeners or mousse) to give it a fuller look during this transition period. Many moms, tired of scooping hair out of shower drains or sweeping up clumps of long hair, find that this is a good time to go for a short cut. Plus, a short, wash-and-go hairstyle is easier to take care of when you have a new baby in the house and you're strapped for time.

A note to new moms with long hair: Strands of hair can end up tightly wrapped around your baby's tiny appendages, including his fingers, toes, wrists, ankles, and penis. This is called a "hair tourniquet" and it can be quite painful for your little one. If you find him crying for no apparent reason, check carefully for tight bands of hair.
    http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/bab...ery/11721.html

Ug More hair help please! *laugh* My husbands store Christmas party is on the 17th. You are supposed to dress up even though they get wicked crazy and usually there is a food fight. No more white for me! Anyway..

I bought this dress online:

I am thinking I'll get a string of pearls and wear red lipstick.. Maybe these pumps?

but I can't decide how to do my hair?
    Do I wanna do a ponytail with bangs to the side? Or something more 50's pinup.... I can't find any sites that teach you how to do those cool WWII era looped up hairdos.. Any help?
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd View Post
    Ug More hair help please! *laugh* My husbands store Christmas party is on the 17th. You are supposed to dress up even though they get wicked crazy and usually there is a food fight. No more white for me! Anyway..

I bought this dress online:

I am thinking I'll get a string of pearls and wear red lipstick.. Maybe these pumps?
    Closetnerd, dear, I can't see the images. Is anyone else having this issue?
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    closet nerd- outfit sounds awesome!! I like the shoes and pearls idea. ( I love shoes, any shoes, and pearls too! ) I think the 50's pinup hair sounds great! Good luck!

( I can see the images )
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

ClosetNerd, I can't see the images either. But in general, I'd say this -- if this is going to become a food-fight sort of party, the less elaborate your hair is, probably the better. If you did a ponytail with the bangs, you could make your part really deep on the side and sweep your bangs across the forehead or something -- a little more vampy than your average ponytail.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    ClosetNerd, I can't see the images either. But in general, I'd say this -- if this is going to become a food-fight sort of party, the less elaborate your hair is, probably the better. If you did a ponytail with the bangs, you could make your part really deep on the side and sweep your bangs across the forehead or something -- a little more vampy than your average ponytail.
    I think she's right andif you wanted to dess up a pony tail you could do a crazy part with your hair. Good Luck !

Thanks all. Lucy, i think I am going to do that.. I tried pin up hair and it looks wrong on me. odd hat some can't see my pics
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

I can see them just fine. I never do anything cool to "style" my hair other than getting a good cut, so I have no advice. I just wanted to say that is one of the cutest dang outfits I've ever seen. I love the pumps!! So girly (I love girly)
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Terena79 View Post
    Why is it that whenever I try a new shampoo, it works well the first few times but then after that it's no good?
    I had the problem for years of having to use a differant shampoo every couple of weeks/month. I tried everything and finally found the secret. I have oily roots and dry ends. I found Tea tree formula shampoo works if you use it by itself sometimes it can dry ou t your scalp so I use the tea tree and then aussie combination hair shampoo.

Help!

Does anyone know of a website where you can download a pic of yourself and stick on different hairstyles? I'm in desperate need of a new look.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread